Postal addressDepartment of Biotechnology Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim
Short biography Max 160 characters [0/160]
I am working as a researcher at the Department of Biotechnology. Research focus areas are transcriptional and translational regulation of bacterial gene expression, synthetic biology/metabolic engineering and metagenome/biodiscovery.
The details and status of this year's project can be followed via iGEM wiki (the link will be available once the site is running). Stay tuned!
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2011) Continuous Control of the Flow in Biochemical Pathways through 5 ' Untranslated Region Sequence Modifications in mRNA Expressed from the Broad-Host-Range Promoter Pm. Applied and Environmental Microbiology. volum 77 (8).
- (2010) Directed evolution of the transcription factor XylS for development of improved expression systems. Microbial Biotechnology. volum 3 (1).
- (2009) The expression of recombinant genes in Escherichia coli can be strongly stimulated at the transcript production level by mutating the DNA-region corresponding to the 5'-untranslated part of mRNA. Microbial Biotechnology. volum 2 (3).
Part of book/report
- (2011) Metagenomic Libraries for Functional Screening. Handbook of Molecular Microbial Ecology I - Metagenomics and Complementary Approaches.
- (2011) Broad-Host-Range Plasmid Vectors for Gene Expression in Bacteria. Strain Engineering - Methods and Protocols, Methods in Molecular Biology.