Background and activities
I am working as a researcher at the Department of Biotechnology, NTNU. My main research focus areas are bacterial transcriptional and translational regulation, synthetic biology/metabolic engineering and metagenome/biodiscovery.
I have been working with various organisms including E. coli, mesophilic and psychrophilic Pseudomonas sp., Streptomyces sp, Shewanella sp., Pseudoalteromonas sp., Synechocystis sp., lactic acid bacteria, and yeast. I am also one of the instructors of the iGEM (International Genetically Engineered Machine) competition NTNU-Trondheim team.
PhotoSynLab - We practice open science
For the curious minds, more information can be found here on what we do: www.photosynlab.org
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2011) Continuous Control of the Flow in Biochemical Pathways through 5 ' Untranslated Region Sequence Modifications in mRNA Expressed from the Broad-Host-Range Promoter Pm. Applied and Environmental Microbiology. volum 77 (8).
- (2010) Directed evolution of the transcription factor XylS for development of improved expression systems. Microbial Biotechnology. volum 3 (1).
- (2009) The expression of recombinant genes in Escherichia coli can be strongly stimulated at the transcript production level by mutating the DNA-region corresponding to the 5'-untranslated part of mRNA. Microbial Biotechnology. volum 2 (3).
Part of book/report
- (2011) Metagenomic Libraries for Functional Screening. Handbook of Molecular Microbial Ecology I - Metagenomics and Complementary Approaches.
- (2011) Broad-Host-Range Plasmid Vectors for Gene Expression in Bacteria. Strain Engineering - Methods and Protocols, Methods in Molecular Biology.