Background and activities
I am working as a researcher at the Department of Biotechnology, NTNU. My main research focus areas are bacterial transcriptional and translational regulation, synthetic biology/metabolic engineering and metagenome/biodiscovery.
I have been working with various organisms including E. coli, mesophilic and psychrophilic Pseudomonas sp., Streptomyces sp, Shewanella sp., Pseudoalteromonas sp., Synechocystis sp., lactic acid bacteria, and yeast. I am also one of the instructors of the iGEM (International Genetically Engineered Machine) competition NTNU-Trondheim team.
PhotoSynLab - We practice open science
For the curious minds, more information can be found here on what we do: www.photosynlab.org
We are joining to the competition this year as well. More information will follow!
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2014) A new and improved host-independent plasmid system for RK2-based conjugal transfer. PLoS ONE. vol. 9 (3:e90372).
- (2014) Forward and Reverse coding for chromosome transfer in bacterial nanonetworks. Nano Communication Networks. vol. 5 (1-2).
- (2013) A comparative analysis of the properties of regulated promoter systems commonly used for recombinant gene expression in Escherichia coli. Microbial Cell Factories. vol. 12 (26).
- (2013) Combinatorial engineering for heterologous gene expression. Bioengineered Bugs. vol. 4 (6).
- (2013) Regulation of the expression level of transcription factor XylS reveals new functional insight into its induction mechanism at the Pm promoter. BMC Microbiology. vol. 13.
- (2012) Strong stimulation of recombinant protein production in Escherichia coli by combining stimulatory control elements in an expression cassette. Microbial Cell Factories. vol. 11 (133).
- (2011) Continuous Control of the Flow in Biochemical Pathways through 5 ' Untranslated Region Sequence Modifications in mRNA Expressed from the Broad-Host-Range Promoter Pm. Applied and Environmental Microbiology. vol. 77 (8).
- (2010) Directed evolution of the transcription factor XylS for development of improved expression systems. Microbial Biotechnology. vol. 3 (1).
- (2009) The expression of recombinant genes in Escherichia coli can be strongly stimulated at the transcript production level by mutating the DNA-region corresponding to the 5'-untranslated part of mRNA. Microbial Biotechnology. vol. 2 (3).
- (2009) Minireview - Positively regulated bacterial expression systems. Microbial Biotechnology. vol. 2 (1).
- (2008) Modeling and Control of the Protein Synthesis process in Eukaryotic cells. Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Decision & Control, including the Symposium on Adaptive Processes.
- (2007) Protein profile and plasmid content of Lactococcus lactis subsp lactis LL5Z and Lactococcus lactis subsp cremoris LC79 strains under several stress conditions. Turk veterinerlik ve hayvancilik dergisi. vol. 31 (4).
- (2014) DNA Cloning and Assembly Methods. Humana Press. 2014. ISBN 978-1-62703-763-1. Methods in Molecular Biology (1116).
Part of book/report
- (2014) BioBrick Assembly Standards and Techniques and Associated Software Tools. DNA Cloning and Assembly Methods.
- (2012) Dynamics and robustness of metabolic networks: A systems biology review of Escherichia coli metabolism. Systems Microbiology - Current Topics and Applications.
- (2011) Metagenomic Libraries for Functional Screening. Handbook of Molecular Microbial Ecology I - Metagenomics and Complementary Approaches.
- (2011) Broad-Host-Range Plasmid Vectors for Gene Expression in Bacteria. Strain Engineering - Methods and Protocols, Methods in Molecular Biology.