Background and activities
I am working as Adjunct Assoc. Prof. / researcher at the Department of Biotechnology, NTNU. My main research focus areas are bacterial transcriptional and translational regulation, biological tools development, and synthetic biology. Model organisms that I work with are: Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas putida KT2440, psychrophilic Pseudomonas, Psychrobacter spp. and Synechococcus sp. PCC 7002.
PhotoSynLab - We practice open science
For curious minds, more information can be found on our lab website on what do we do: www.photosynlab.org
More information will follow!
Beal J, Haddock-Angelli T, Gershater M, de Mora K, Lizarazo M, Hollenhorst J, et al. Reproducibility of fluorescent expression from engineered biological constructs in E. coli. PLoS ONE.
Arnfinnsdottir, NB., Bjørkøy, A., Lale, R., Sletmoen, M. Heterogeneity in GFP expression in isogenic populations of P. putida KT2440 investigated using flow cytometry and bacterial microarrays. RSC Advances
Moghadam MM, Albersmeier A,Winkler A, Cimmino L, Rise K, Hohmann-Marriott FM, Kalinowski J, Rückert C, Wentzel A, Lale, R. Isolation and genome sequencing of four Arctic marine Psychrobacter strains exhibiting multicopper oxidase activity. BMC Genomics.
Bjerga, GE, Lale, R., Williamson, A. Engineering low-temperature expression systems for heterologous expression of cold-adapted enzymes. Bioengineered
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Engineering low-temperature expression systems for heterologous production of cold-adapted enzymes. Bioengineered. vol. 7 (1).
- (2016) Isolation and genome sequencing of four Arctic marine Psychrobacter strains exhibiting multicopper oxidase activity. BMC Genomics. vol. 17:117.
- (2015) The Design of Simple Bacterial Microarrays: Development towards Immobilizing Single Living Bacteria on Predefined Micro-Sized Spots on Patterned Surfaces. PLoS ONE. vol. 10 (6).
- (2014) A new and improved host-independent plasmid system for RK2-based conjugal transfer. PLoS ONE. vol. 9 (3:e90372).
- (2014) Forward and Reverse coding for chromosome transfer in bacterial nanonetworks. Nano Communication Networks. vol. 5 (1-2).
- (2013) A comparative analysis of the properties of regulated promoter systems commonly used for recombinant gene expression in Escherichia coli. Microbial Cell Factories. vol. 12 (26).
- (2013) Combinatorial engineering for heterologous gene expression. Bioengineered Bugs. vol. 4 (6).
- (2013) Regulation of the expression level of transcription factor XylS reveals new functional insight into its induction mechanism at the Pm promoter. BMC Microbiology. vol. 13.
- (2012) Strong stimulation of recombinant protein production in Escherichia coli by combining stimulatory control elements in an expression cassette. Microbial Cell Factories. vol. 11 (133).
- (2011) Continuous Control of the Flow in Biochemical Pathways through 5 ' Untranslated Region Sequence Modifications in mRNA Expressed from the Broad-Host-Range Promoter Pm. Applied and Environmental Microbiology. vol. 77 (8).
- (2010) Directed evolution of the transcription factor XylS for development of improved expression systems. Microbial Biotechnology. vol. 3 (1).
- (2009) The expression of recombinant genes in Escherichia coli can be strongly stimulated at the transcript production level by mutating the DNA-region corresponding to the 5'-untranslated part of mRNA. Microbial Biotechnology. vol. 2 (3).
- (2009) Minireview - Positively regulated bacterial expression systems. Microbial Biotechnology. vol. 2 (1).
- (2008) Modeling and Control of the Protein Synthesis process in Eukaryotic cells. Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Decision & Control, including the Symposium on Adaptive Processes.
- (2007) Protein profile and plasmid content of Lactococcus lactis subsp lactis LL5Z and Lactococcus lactis subsp cremoris LC79 strains under several stress conditions. Turk veterinerlik ve hayvancilik dergisi. vol. 31 (4).
- (2014) DNA Cloning and Assembly Methods. Humana Press. 2014. ISBN 978-1-62703-763-1. Methods in Molecular Biology (1116).
Part of book/report
- (2014) BioBrick Assembly Standards and Techniques and Associated Software Tools. DNA Cloning and Assembly Methods.
- (2012) Dynamics and robustness of metabolic networks: A systems biology review of Escherichia coli metabolism. Systems Microbiology - Current Topics and Applications.
- (2011) Metagenomic Libraries for Functional Screening. Handbook of Molecular Microbial Ecology I - Metagenomics and Complementary Approaches.
- (2011) Broad-Host-Range Plasmid Vectors for Gene Expression in Bacteria. Strain Engineering - Methods and Protocols, Methods in Molecular Biology.