Postal addressDepartment of Public Health and General Practice The Nord-Trøndelag Health Study Norwegian University of Science and Technology Postboks 8905 7401 Trondheim
Short biography Max 160 characters [0/160]
PhD in Social Epidemiology / Public Health, research on socio-economic causes of poor health, disease, mortality and disability. Research experience in Psychiatric Epidemiology and Health Services Research. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=Krokstad%20S)
Published several book chapters in social medicine and medical sociology, one of the editors of the new Social Medicine textbook in Norway. (http://www.gyldendal.no/Gyldendal-Akademisk/Medisin/Sosialmedisin)
Project manager (PI) of the Nord-Trøndelag Health Study in 2006-08 (HUNT3), which integrated data from a variety of medical and social science research disciplines. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22879362) Data from HUNT3 have led to extensive research in a wide range of disciplines. In addition, HUNT3 was a population based screening for selected diseases and conditions.
As Head of the HUNT Research Centre since 2008, (http://www.ntnu.edu/hunt) heavily involved in disease prevention and health promotion in partnership with local, regional and national authorities.
Former Specialist in General Practice, now a Specialist and Consultant in Psychiatry.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2013) Medical benefits in young Norwegians and their parents, and the contribution of family health and socioeconomic status. The HUNT Study, Norway. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. volum 41 (5).
- (2013) The Health Hazards of Marriage. A cohort study of work related disability within 12,500 Norwegian couples - the HUNT Study. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. volum 41 (5).
- (2013) Socio-economic inequalities in Norwegian health care utilization over 3 decades: the HUNT Study. European Journal of Public Health. volum 23 (6).
- (2012) Patterns of receptive and creative cultural activities and their association with perceived health, anxiety, depression and satisfaction with life among adults: the HUNT study, Norway. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health. volum 66 (8).
- (2012) Trends in absolute and relative educational inequalities in four modifiable ischaemic heart disease risk factors: repeated cross-sectional surveys from the Nord-Trondelag Health Study (HUNT) 1984-2008. BMC Public Health. volum 12 (1).
- (2012) En bedre folkehelsepolitikk. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. volum 132 (19).
- (2012) Cohort profile : the HUNT study, Norway. International Journal of Epidemiology. volum 42 (4).
- (2012) The HUNT study: participation is associated with survival and depends on socioeconomic status, diseases and symptoms. BMC Medical Research Methodology. volum 12 (143).
- (2012) Education-based health inequalities in 18,000 Norwegian couples: The Nord-Trøndelag Health Study. BMC Public Health. volum 12.
- (2012) Educational inequalities in disability pensioning - the impact of illness and occupational, psychosocial, and behavioural factors: The Nord-Trondelag Health Study (HUNT). Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. volum 40 (2).
- (2012) The welfare burden of adolescent anxiety and depression: a prospective study of 7500 young Norwegians and their families: the HUNT study. BMJ Open. volum 2 (6).
- (2012) Health hazards of romantic relationships in the HUNT Study. European Journal of Public Health. volum 22.
- (2012) Educational inequalities in utilisation of health care services from 1984-2008 in Norway. European Journal of Public Health. volum 22.
- (2012) Socioeconomic inequalities in dental services utilisation in a Norwegian county: The third Nord-Trondelag Health Survey. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. volum 40 (7).
- (2012) Socioeconomic inequalities in health care utilisation in Norway: the population-based HUNT3 survey. International Journal for Equity in Health. volum 11.
- (2011) Reading and writing difficulties in adolescence and later risk of welfare dependence. A ten year follow-up, the HUNT Study, Norway. BMC Public Health. volum 11.
- (2009) Grunnleggende strategivalg i forebyggende helsearbeid. Utposten. volum 38 (4).
- (2009) Material, psychosocial, behavioural and biomedical factors in the explanation of relative socio-economic inequalities in mortality: evidence from the HUNT study. International Journal of Epidemiology. volum 38 (5).
- (2006) A population based cohort study of the effect of common mental disorder on disability pension awards”. American Journal of Psychiatry. volum 163 (8).
- (2004) The importance of social characteristics of communities for the medically based sisability pension. European Journal of Public Health. volum 14 (4).
- (2004) Disability in society � medical and non-medical determinants for disability pension in a Norwegian total county population study. Social Science and Medicine. volum 58.
- (2003) Social causation, health-selective mobility, and the reproduction of socioeconomic health inequalities over time: panel study of adult men. Social Science and Medicine. volum 57.
- (2002) Trends in health inequalities by educational level in a Norwegian total population study. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health. volum 56.
- (2002) Health inequalities by socioeconomic status among men in the Nord-Trøndelag Health Study, Norway. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. volum 30.
- (2011) Sosialmedisin. Gyldendal Norsk Forlag A/S. 2011. ISBN 9788205399150.
Part of book/report
- (2011) Sosial ulikhet i helse. Sosialmedisin.
- (2009) Sosial kapital : limet som holder folkehelsen sammen?. Sosial epidemiologi : sosiale årsaker til sykdom og helsesvikt.
- (2003) Folkehelse og sosial ulikhet. Helse for de mange. Samfunnsmedisin i Norge.
- (2011) Folkehelse i endring. Helseundersøkelsen i Nord-Trøndelag. HUNT 1 (1984-86) - HUNT 2 (1995-97) - HUNT 3 (2006-08). 2011. ISBN 978-82-91725-08-6.
- (2009) HUNT. Helseundersøkelsen i Nord-Trøndelag. Lokalt, nasjonalt og internasjonalt fremragende. HUNT og NTNU mot 2020. Status og muligheter. 2009.
- (2005) Sosiale ulikheter i helse i Norge. En kunnskapsoversikt. 2005.
- (2004) Socioeconomic inequalities in health and disability. Social epidemiology in the Nord-Trøndelag Health Study (HUNT), Norway. Tapir Akademisk Forlag. 2004.
- (2012) Første stopp: Levanger. Trøndelag er den aller første regionen som får besøk av den nye helseministeren, Jonas Gahr Støre. www.levangeravisa.no [Internett]. 2012-09-24.