Norwegian University of science and Technology
NTNU - facts and figures
Wed, 21 Jan 2015 10:51:23 +0100
Organization, budget and employees
- 7 faculties and 48 departments.
- Annual budget NOK 5.6 billion (approx. USD 930 million).
- 5000 person-years, of which 3000 are in academic or scientific positions and 35 per cent are women.
- Close cooperation with SINTEF, an R&D organization with 1800 employees (both co-located with NTNU in Trondheim, and in Oslo).
- Facilities (owned or rented) totalling 605 000 m2.
- Specialization in technology and the natural sciences.
- Also offers a range of bachelor's, master's and doctoral programmes in the humanities, social sciences, economics and public and business administration, and aesthetic disciplines.
- Professional degree programmes in medicine, psychology, architecture, the fine arts, music, and teacher education, in addition to technology.
- 23000 students, of which half studies technology and natural sciences.
- 5760 participants in further education programmes.
- About 3500 bachelor's and master's degrees awarded each year.
- About 2600 international students.
- Dozens of international student exchange programmes and more than 300 cooperative or exchange agreements with 60 universities worldwide.
Research, business and innovation
- About 370 doctoral degrees awarded annually (38 % women).
- More than 100 laboratories.
- Participant in 105 projects in the European Commission's 7th framework programme.
- Sponsorship and cooperation agreements with Norwegian and international business and industry.
- The NTNU Libraries have 11 branches, 2.1 million printed volumes, 408 000 electronic books and 15 000 electronic journals.