NTNU - facts and figures
- Specialization in technology and the natural sciences.
- Also offers a range of bachelor's, master's and doctoral programmes in the humanities, social sciences, economics and public and business administration, and aesthetic disciplines.
- Professional degree programmes in medicine, psychology, architecture, the fine arts, music, and teacher education, in addition to technology.
- 7 faculties and 52 departments.
- 22 000 students, half of whom are studying technology-related subjects or the natural sciences.
- 48 per cent of NTNU students are female.
- About 3200 degrees awarded each year, and 300 are doctoral degrees.
- About 1800 international students.
- Dozens of international student exchange programmes and more than 300 cooperative or exchange agreements with 60 universities worldwide.
- 5000 man-years, more than half of which are in academic or scientific positions.
- 2600 scientific papers and reviews, and 4000 scientific presentations in 2011
- More than 100 laboratories.
- Participant in 80 projects in the European Commission's 7th framework programme.
- Close cooperation with SINTEF, an R&D organization with 1800 employees (both co-located with NTNU in Trondheim, and in Oslo).
- Sponsorship and cooperation agreements with Norwegian and international business and industry.
- Annual budget NOK 5.1 billion (approx. USD 890 million)
- Facilities (owned or rented) totalling 590 000 m2.
- The NTNU Libraries have 2.1 million printed volumes, 326 000 electronic books and 12 000 electronic journals
Fri, 23 Nov 2012 12:35:58 +0100