Master’s degree programme, 2 years
Their education should include university level courses in the following topics:
- Discrete Mathematics and Logic
- Computers (Hardware)
- Operating Systems
- Communication Technology / Distributed Systems
- Programming and Programming Languages
- Human-Computer Interaction / User Interfaces
- Software Engineering, including project management, requirements engineering, architectural design, OO design modeling (UML or similar), and testing
- Databases and Data Modeling (e.g., ER)
- Information Systems Analysis (preferably covering both modeling techniques, e.g. DFD, EPC, and available technology implementations, e.g. ERP, data warehouses)
Candidates with weak coverage of the topics might be considered if they have other strengths to compensate for it.
For the Information Systems Engineering specialization the requirements are more specific:
- Students should have at least 30 ECTS credits in mathematical courses. These would include courses in discrete mathematics, logic, analysis, calculus, algebra, statistics, etc.
- Students should have at least 60 ECTS credits in ICT courses. These would include courses in software engineering, programming, data bases, information systems engineering, IT and society, human computer interaction, security, telecommunication, operationg systems, etc.
- Students should have at least 120 ECTS credits in total in mathematical and ICT courses.
- Students should have a basic knowledge and competence in analysis, design and implementation of ICT systems.
It is recommended that students have basic courses in business administration and project management (not a requirement).