Background and activities
About Anniken Karlsen
- Head of Department at the Department of ICT and Natural Sciences at NTNU
- Ph.D. in Information Science from the Faculty of Social Sciences at the University of Bergen
- Master of Information Technology, speciality in Health Informatics, from The University of Aalborg
- Siviløkonom from The Norwegian School of Business and Administration (NHH) with one year full teacher training
- Computer Engineer from Møre and Romsdal University College of Engineering
Corresponding to her formal education, main interests of Dr. Anniken Karlsen are Technology Strategy, Corporate Governance, Change Management and Service Innovation with related areas, e.g. Enterprise Modeling, Digital Leadership, Business Analysis, Enterprise Architecture, Enabling Technologies, Process Improvement and Project and Portfolio Management.
Karlsen has done empirical research within a range of sectors, such as the maritime, the marine, offshore, food, health, consultancy and banking. She has participated in the SmallBuild+ EUREKA Eurostar research project, addressing survival and growth within the construction sector. Corresponding to the latter, a special interest is SMEs and their engagement in research activities, motivated by their great importance to the European Economy. A main goal is to contribute strategic ICT skills, improvement tools and techniques for increased financial sustainability.
In addition to doing research, development and lecturing at the intersection of technology and organizational development, Karlsen, among others, participates in the management team of ExcITEd (Centre for Excellent IT Education) and TEFT, in the WeLead leadership program for women in computer science and is Chairman of NOKOBIT. Among others she is interested in arts and computer game applications development to increase student motivation.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Towards a digital tool for managing goals and keeping track of goal achievements in change practice. NOKOBIT - Norsk konferanse for organisasjoners bruk av informasjonsteknologi. vol. 25 (1).
- (2016) The SmallBuild+ Business Development Method: Findings from a Longitudinal Study in the Construction Sector. NOKOBIT - Norsk konferanse for organisasjoners bruk av informasjonsteknologi.
- (2015) Digital art application development: A project to increase motivation in systems development courses for bachelor students in computer engineering. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 9353.
- (2015) Konkurranse som driver for læring - erfaringer fra et emne i dataingeniørstudiet. NOKOBIT - Norsk konferanse for organisasjoners bruk av informasjonsteknologi. vol. 23 (1).
- (2014) Undervisningsrefleksjoner fra et konkurranseprosjekt i samarbeid med næringslivsaktør. NOKOBIT - Norsk konferanse for organisasjoners bruk av informasjonsteknologi. vol. 22 (1).
- (2012) Benefits of different types of enterprise modeling initiatives in ICT-enabled process change. International Journal of Information System Modeling and Design. vol. 3 (3).
- (2011) Enterprise Modeling Practice in ICT-Enabled Process Change. Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing. vol. 92.
- (2017) Kontinuerlig endringsarbeid : Helhetlig virksomhetsledelse. Fagbokforlaget. 2017. ISBN 9788245021318.
Part of book/report
- (2016) Planning for waste minimization at a factory floor: a student Project to support smarter home Production practices. SEFI Annual Conference: Engineering Education on Top of the World: Industry University Cooperation.
- (2015) Towards a generic goal model to support continuous improvement in SME construction companies. The Practice of Enterprise Modeling: 8th IFIP WG 8.1. Working Conference, PoEM 2015, Valencia, Spain, November 10-12, 2015, Proceedings.
- (2015) Big data for the Norwegian maritime industry. Network security and communication engineering : Proceedings of the 2014 International conference on network security and communication engineering (NSCE2014), Hong Kong, December 25-26, 2014.
- (2012) Enterprise modeling practice in a turnaround project. NOKOBIT 2012 :Universitetet i Nordland 19. - 21. november 2012 : Norsk konferanse for organisasjoners bruk av informasjonsteknologi.
- (2011) Modelling Fresh Strawberry Supply "From-Farm-to-Fork" as a Complex Adaptive Network. Proceedings of the 5th International European Forum on System Dynamics and Innovation in Food Networks.
- (2010) "Product Value" as Boundary Object in Maritime Supply (case study). Configuring Next Generation Supply Chains : Abstracts of papers presented at the 15th International Symposium on Logistics (ISL 2012) : July 4th-7th, 2010, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- (2009) Discourses of implementing information systems in corporate merger : a case study from the food exporting industry. System dynamics and innovation in Food networks 2009 : proceedings of the 3rd International European Forum on System Dynamics and Innovation in food Nettworks, February 16-02, 2009, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria.
- (2008) A Provisional Framework for Studying Information Connectivity in Food Networks. System Dynamics and Innovation in Food Networks : Proceedings of the 2nd International European Forum on System Dynamics and Innovation in Food Networks.
- (2008) A research model for enterprise modeling in ICT-enabled process change. 1st IFIP WG 8.1 Conference, PoEM (15:20008:Stockholm) : The practice of enterprise modeling.
- (2008) Packages and information connectivity in supply networks. Nordic Logistics Conference (20 : 2008 : Helsinki, Finland) : Beyond business logistics.
- (2016) NOKOBIT - Norsk konferanse for organisasjoners bruk av informasjonsteknologi, Proceedings fra NOKOBIT 2016, Bergen, 29.-30. november 2016. 2016. NOKOBIT - Norsk konferanse for organisasjoners bruk av informasjonsteknologi (1).
- (2015) NOKOBIT - Norsk konferanse for organisasjoners bruk av informasjonsteknologi, Proceedings fra NOKOBIT 2015, Ålesund, 24.-25. november 2015. 2015. NOKOBIT - Norsk konferanse for organisasjoners bruk av informasjonsteknologi (1).
- (2012) PhD thesis: Enterprise Modeling to Support ICT-enabled process Change. 2012. ISBN 978-82-308-2131-2.
- (2015) Enterprise Modeling and Lean principles and practices as techniques to tackle business challenges. Fundator Seminar . Fundator; Hotel Augustin, Trondheim. 2015-10-15 - 2015-10-16.
- (2012) Fylkets første eurostar. Sunnmørsposten [Avis]. 2012-08-20.
- (2011) Virksomhetsmodellering og IT-ledelse. Foredrag i Dataforeningen, Nordvestlandet . Dataforeningen; First Hotel Atlantica. 2011-01-20 - 2011-01-20.
- (2010) Systemutviklingsmetoder. DnD Ildsjelsamling . Styret for Dataforeningen Nordvestlandet; Ålesund. 2010-02-05 - 2010-02-05.
- (2008) IKT utvikling ved bedriftsfusjon: en casestudie. Presentation held at Innovasjonsforum IKT - Den Norske Dataforening . Den Norske Dataforening; Ålesund. 2008-04-22 - 2008-04-22.
- (2008) Corporate Merger and Developing Information Connectivity in a Pelagic Fish Network - a case study. Presentation held at 8th International Conference on Management in AgriFood Chains and Networks ; Ede. 2008-05-28 - 2008-05-30.
- Information and communication technology
- Social sciences
- System development and design
- Leadership and organizational theory
- Project management
- Business systems
- IT-supported organizational change
- Business development
- Enterprise modeling
- Process modeling
- Systems Engineering
- Supply Chain Management
- Lean management