Dawn M. Behne
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Effects of Spatial Speech Presentation on Listener Response Strategy for Talker-Identification. Frontiers in Neuroscience.
- (2021) Considerations in audio-visual interaction models: an ERP study of music perception by musicians and non-musicians. Frontiers in Psychology.
- (2020) Audiovisual Modulation in Music Perception for Musicians and Non-musicians. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 11.
- (2020) Effects of speech transmission quality on sensory processing indicated by the cortical auditory evoked potential. Journal of Neural Engineering. vol. 17 (4).
- (2019) Effects of Semantic Information and Segmental Familiarity on Learning Lexical Tone. A Sound Approach to Language Matters - In Honor of Ocke-Schwen Bohn.
- (2019) Perception of audiovisual infant directed speech. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology.
- (2019) Musical Expertise Affects Audiovisual Speech Perception: Findings From Event-Related Potentials and Inter-trial Phase Coherence. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 10.
- (2017) Speech vs. reading comprehension: an explorative study of gender representations in Norwegian. Journal of Cognitive Psychology. vol. 29 (7).
- (2017) Assessing the Formation of Experience-Based Gender Expectations in an Implicit Learning Scenario. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 8.
- (2016) Experience-Based Probabilities Modulate Expectations in a Gender-Coded Artificial Language. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 7.
- (2015) Do gender differences in audio-visual benefit and visual influence in audio-visual speech perception emerge with age?. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 6.
- (2015) Perceived synchrony for realistic and dynamic audiovisual events. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 6.
- (2014) Age mitigates the correlation between cognitive processing speed and audio-visual asynchrony detection in speech. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America. vol. 136 (5).
- (2014) Audiovisual robustness: exploring perceptual tolerance to asynchrony and quality distortion. Multimedia tools and applications. vol. 21 (3).
- (2013) Audio-visual speech experience with age influences perceived audio-visual asynchrony in speech. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America. vol. 134 (4).
- (2009) Audio-visual identification of place of articulation and voicing in white and babble noise. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America. vol. 126 (1).
- (2009) Influence of native language phonetic system on audio-visual speech perception. Journal of Phonetics. vol. 37 (3).
- (2008) Identification of place of articulation and voicing in white and babble noise. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America. vol. 123 (5).
- (2008) Linguistic experience and audio-visual perception of non-native fricatives. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America. vol. 124 (3).
- (2007) Temporal remnants from Mandarin in nonnative English speech. Language Experience in Second Language Speech Learning.
- (2006) Changes in Infant Directed Speech in the First Six Months. Infant and Child Development. vol. 15 (2).
- (2005) Utvikling av talpersepsjon. Ferdighetsutvikling. Utvikling av grunnleggende ferdigheter hos barn.
- (2005) Infant directed speech in natural interaction - Norwegian vowel quantity and quality. Journal of Psycholinguistic Research. vol. 34.
- (2005) Perceived nativeness and sensitivity to temporal adjustments in speech. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America. vol. 117 (4).
- (2004) The role of linguistic experience in te hemisperic processing of lexical tone. Applied Psycholinguistics. vol. 25 (3).
- (2003) Perception of Swedish vowel quantity by native and British English listeners. La fonologia dellínterlingua - Principi e metodi di analisi.