Brita Fladvad Nielsen
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) The Governance Approach of Smart City Initiatives. Evidence from Trondheim, Bergen, and Bodø. Infrastructures. vol. 5 (4).
- (2020) Prevailing approaches and practices of citizen participation in smart city projects: Lessons from Trondheim, Norway. Infrastructures. vol. 5:36 (4).
- (2019) Aesthetic Preference as Starting Point for Citizen Dialogues on Urban Design: Stories from Hammarkullen, Gothenburg. Urban Planning. vol. 4 (1).
- (2019) Developing a scenario calculator for smart energy communities in Norway: Identifying gaps between vision and practice. Sustainable Cities and Society (SCS). vol. 46.
- (2019) Bærekraftig Sveberg. Bærekraftig Sveberg
- (2019) SUSTAINABLE SMART CITY DEVELOPMENT IN A FRAMEWORK OF GOVERNANCE. Proceedings of the Firts International Conference on Smart Cities in Seoul from July 17 – 19, 2019. ICSC1.
- (2019) Den kritiske student, Norge anno 2019. Universitetskamp.
- (2019) The Potential of Design Thinking for Tackling the “Wicked Problems” of the Smart City. Proceedings of the 24th International Conference on Urban Planning, Regional Development and Information Society.
- (2019) Achieving citizen participation in smart cities: Five cross-roads in the planning of the +cityxChange project in Trondheim. Proceedings of the Firts International Conference on Smart Cities in Seoul from July 17 – 19, 2019. ICSC1.
- (2018) Intermediaries for knowledge transfer in integrated energy planning of urban districts. Technological Forecasting and Social Change.
- (2018) Identifying and supporting exploratory and exploitative models of innovation in municipal urban planning; key challenges from seven Norwegian energy ambitious neighborhood pilots. Technological Forecasting and Social Change. vol. 142.
- (2018) Challenges and Best Practices for the planning of Zero Emission Neighborhoods and Smart Energy Communities - the case of seven Norwegian cities. Proceedings of 54th ISOCARP Congress Bodø, Norway, October 1-5, 2018. Cool planning: changing climate & our urban future.
- (2018) Confronting the five paradoxes of humanitarian design. Routledge Handbook of Sustainable Design.
- (2017) Framing humanitarian action through design thinking: integrating vulnerable end-users into complex multi-stakeholder systems through 'Agenda Space mapping'. Journal of Design Research. vol. 15 (1).
- (2017) The Role of Utility Companies In Municipal Planning of Smart Energy Communities. International Journal of Sustainable Development and Planning (IJSDP). vol. 13 (4).
- (2014) Imperatives and trade-offs for the humanitarian designer: Off-grid energy for humanitarian relief. Journal of Sustainable Development. vol. 7 (2).
- (2014) Out of Context. Ethnographic Interviewing, Empathy and Humanitarian Design. Design Philosophy Papers. vol. 12 (1).
- (2014) The reflective designer: A discussion on ethics based on end-user involvement in Kebri Beyah refugee camp. Proceedings of the International Design Conference. vol. 2014-January.
- (2013) Design for social entrepreneurship. Journal of US-China Public Administration. vol. 10 (6).
- (2013) Designing for multiple stakeholder interests within the humanitarian market: the case of off–grid energy devices. International Journal of Learning and Change. vol. 7 (1/2).