Background and activities
Area of speciality / fields of responsibility
- research scientist at the department of bietechnology
- projects in medical biotechnology
- themes: mucus / mucin systems (including cystic fibrosis and drug delivery), rheology and barrier properties of biological matrices and the use of alginate oligomers in medicine
- scientific collaboration woth the department of cancer research and molecular medicine and physics, newcastle university, university college london, COMPACT and NANOBAR consortia
- innovation/commercilisation collaboration with TTO (NTNU's technology transfer office)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) The use of hydrocolloids in physical modelling of complex biological matrices. Food Hydrocolloids. vol. 68.
- (2016) The effect of nanoparticles on airway mucus functional properties, a case study. Annual Transactions - The Nordic Rheology Society. vol. 24.
- (2015) Direct Determination of Chitosan–Mucin Interactions Using a Single-Molecule Strategy: Comparison to Alginate–Mucin Interactions. Polymers. vol. 7 (2).
- (2015) Chitosan: Gels and interfacial properties. Polymers. vol. 7 (3).
- (2015) Guluronate oligosaccharides as enhancers of nanoparticle drug delivery in the oral cavity. Bioactive Carbohydrates and Dietary Fibre. vol. 5 (1).
- (2015) Dynamic responses in small intestinal mucus: Relevance for the maintenance of an intact barrier. European journal of pharmaceutics and biopharmaceutics. vol. 95.
- (2015) Rheology of salmon skin mucus. Annual Transactions - The Nordic Rheology Society. vol. 23.
- (2014) Alterations in mucus barrier function and matrix structure induced by guluronate oligomers. Biomacromolecules. vol. 15 (6).
- (2012) Oligoguluronate induced competitive displacement of mucin-alginate interactions: relevance for mucolytic function. Soft Matter. vol. 8 (32).
- (2011) Chemical, physical and biological properties of alginates and their biomedical implications. Food Hydrocolloids. vol. 25 (2).
- (2011) Oligosaccharides As Modulators of Rheology in Complex Mucous Systems. Biomacromolecules. vol. 12.
- (2005) Mucous systems show a novel mechanical response to applied deformation. Biomacromolecules. vol. 6.
- (2005) Rheological characterisation of mixed gels of mucin and alginate. Carbohydrate Polymers. vol. 59.