Catherine Taylor Nordgård
Background and activities
Area of speciality / fields of responsibility
- research scientist at the department of bietechnology
- projects in medical biotechnology
- themes: mucus / mucin systems (including cystic fibrosis and drug delivery), rheology and barrier properties of biological matrices and the use of alginate oligomers in medicine
- scientific collaboration woth the department of cancer research and molecular medicine and physics, newcastle university, university college london, COMPACT and NANOBAR consortia
- innovation/commercilisation collaboration with TTO (NTNU's technology transfer office)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Is dehulling of peas and faba beans necessary prior to dry fractionation for the production of protein- and starch-rich fractions? Impact on physical properties, chemical composition and techno-functional properties. Journal of Food Engineering. vol. 278.
- (2020) Rheology of skin mucus from yolk-sac salmon fry. Annual Transactions - The Nordic Rheology Society. vol. 28.
- (2019) The potential of marine oligosaccharides in pharmacy. Bioactive Carbohydrates and Dietary Fibre. vol. 18.
- (2019) Youngs's modulus of tumour tissue from an in vivo breast cancer model - effect of treatment with guluronate oligosaccharides. Annual Transactions - The Nordic Rheology Society. vol. 27.
- (2018) Confocal reflectance microscopy and multiple particle tracking for the study of the gelation of biopolymers. Annual Transactions - The Nordic Rheology Society. vol. 26.
- (2018) Potential mucus rheological consequences of off target siRNA loaded nanoparticle deposition in the lungs. Annual Transactions - The Nordic Rheology Society. vol. 26.
- (2018) Co association of mucus modulating agents and nanoparticles for mucosal drug delivery. Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews. vol. 124.
- (2017) The use of hydrocolloids in physical modelling of complex biological matrices. Food Hydrocolloids. vol. 68.
- (2017) Mechanical properties of 67NR tumours are broadly independent of the immune status of the host mouse. Annual Transactions - The Nordic Rheology Society. vol. 25.
- (2016) The effect of nanoparticles on airway mucus functional properties, a case study. Annual Transactions - The Nordic Rheology Society. vol. 24.
- (2015) Direct Determination of Chitosan–Mucin Interactions Using a Single-Molecule Strategy: Comparison to Alginate–Mucin Interactions. Polymers. vol. 7 (2).
- (2015) Chitosan: Gels and interfacial properties. Polymers. vol. 7 (3).
- (2015) Guluronate oligosaccharides as enhancers of nanoparticle drug delivery in the oral cavity. Bioactive Carbohydrates and Dietary Fibre. vol. 5 (1).
- (2015) Dynamic responses in small intestinal mucus: Relevance for the maintenance of an intact barrier. European journal of pharmaceutics and biopharmaceutics. vol. 95.
- (2015) Rheology of salmon skin mucus. Annual Transactions - The Nordic Rheology Society. vol. 23.
- (2014) Alterations in mucus barrier function and matrix structure induced by guluronate oligomers. Biomacromolecules. vol. 15 (6).
- (2012) Oligoguluronate induced competitive displacement of mucin-alginate interactions: relevance for mucolytic function. Soft Matter. vol. 8 (32).
- (2011) Chemical, physical and biological properties of alginates and their biomedical implications. Food Hydrocolloids. vol. 25 (2).
- (2011) Oligosaccharides As Modulators of Rheology in Complex Mucous Systems. Biomacromolecules. vol. 12.
- (2005) Mucous systems show a novel mechanical response to applied deformation. Biomacromolecules. vol. 6.