Background and activities
Dr. Dirk Ahlers is a senior researcher and project manager of +CityxChange. He has a background in Computer Science and now works as a research manager with the Smart Sustainable Cities group of the Department of Architecture and Planning.
He has been an ERCIM Marie Curie postdoctoral fellow at the Data and Information Management group and a research scientist in the Information Systems group of the Department of Computer Science, working on Urban Intelligence, knowledge management, mobility and geospatial analysis, Smart Cities, and emission monitoring systems.
His research interests are Urban Intelligence, Smart Cities, Climate Mitigation, Sustainability, Climate Neutral Cities, Open Innovation, Urban Systems Modeling, Geospatial Retrieval, Information Retrieval, Web Mining, Search Engines, Information Access, Mobile, and Everything Geo.
You can find him at Geo: N 63.417002 E 10.404215
He is organizing the CS3CS — Workshop on City Strategies for Smart Sustainable Climate Solutions in Trondheim and is the co-chair of the LocWeb - Location and the Web workshop series.
The latest LocWeb2019 Workshop - Location and the Web @ WWW2019 is accepting submissions.
Some selected projects:
- UBIMOB — Ubiquitous Data-Driven Urban Mobility
- SCIL — Smart City Infrastructure Lab
- FME-ZEN — Center of Zero Emission Neighbourhoods in Smart Cities
- NTNU Smart Sustainable Cities
- CTT — Carbon Track & Trace
- Campus Mobility Analysis
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Modelling pervasive platforms and digital services for smart urban transformation using an enterprise architecture framework. Information Technology and People.
- (2020) Making Sense of the Urban Future: Recommendation Systems in Smart Cities. CEUR Workshop Proceedings.
- (2020) Report on the Tenth International Workshop on Location and the Web (LocWeb 2020) - Workshop held at The Web Conference, WWW2020. SIGIR Forum. vol. 54 (1).
- (2020) Big data driven multi-tier architecture for electric mobility as a service in smart cities: A design science approach. International Journal of Energy Sector Management. vol. 14 (5).
- (2020) The Governance Approach of Smart City Initiatives. Evidence from Trondheim, Bergen, and Bodø. Infrastructures. vol. 5 (4).
- (2020) Co-creation of smart sustainable cities : The 5G SOLUTIONS project. Eurescom Message.
- (2019) Co-Creation of Positive Energy Blocks. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science (EES). vol. 352 (1).
- (2019) API deployment for big data management towards sustainable energy prosumption in smart cities-a layered architecture perspective. International Journal of Sustainable Energy. vol. 39 (3).
- (2019) Big data-oriented energy prosumption service in smart community districts: a multi-case study perspective. Energy Informatics. vol. 2 (1).
- (2019) D2C-SM: Designing a Distributed-to-Centralized Software Management Architecture for Smart Cities. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 11701 LNCS.
- (2018) Harnessing Mobility Data in Cities: A Case Study from the Bergen Region. NOKOBIT - Norsk konferanse for organisasjoners bruk av informasjonsteknologi. vol. 26 (1).
- (2018) Report on the Eighth International Workshop on Location and the Web (LocWeb 2018). SIGIR Forum. vol. 52 (2).
- (2017) Supporting Municipal Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emission Inventories Using Business Process Modeling: A Case Study of Trondheim Municipality. Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing. vol. 281.
- (2017) Report on the Seventh International Workshop on Location and the Web (LocWeb 2017). SIGIR Forum. vol. 51 (1).
- (2017) Investigating contextual ontologies and document corpus characteristics for information access in engineering settings. Journal of IT Cases and Applications. vol. 19 (1).
- (2016) Visualizing a city within a city – Mapping mobility within a university campus. Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering. vol. 166.
- (2016) A Measurement-Driven Approach to Understand Urban Greenhouse Gas Emissions in Nordic Cities. NIKT: Norsk IKT-konferanse for forskning og utdanning.
- (2016) Training on the Job: Learning While Searching in an Engineering Workplace. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1647.
- (2016) Report on the Sixth International Workshop on Location and the Web (LocWeb 2016). SIGIR Forum. vol. 50 (2).
- Databases and multimedia systems
- Geographic information systems
- Information and communication technology
- System development and design
- Sustainable urban development
- Mobile applications & services
- Information Systems
- Computer Science
- Information Storage and Retrieval
- Information retrieval
- Access to information
- Big Data
- Smart Cities
- Enterprise Architecture
- Internet of Things