Background and activities
Teaching activities: Thermodynamics 1, Building energy supply, Infrastructure for energy transport, Energy planning.
Research areas: Building energy supply, district heating, lifetime commissioning, zero emission building, building energy monitoring, simulation of buildings and HVAC systems, and energy analysis.
- Subtask leader for Interfaces, Communities, and Economics within District Heating and cooling (DHC) Annex TS1: Low Temperature District Heating for Future Energy Systems.
- Research activities related to energy supply and building service systems within the Norwegian project on Zero Emission Buildings.
- Contribution to activities related to building performance simulation. At the Department of Energy and Process Engineering responsible for the simulation tools EnergyPlus, IDA-ICE, and TRNSYS.
Memberships of scientific committees, review
- Member of Norsk VVS Stiftelsen – NORVAC Foundation.
- Member of advisory board of NORVAC local group for Trondheim area.
- Member of Norwegian District Heating fellowship.
- Member of advisory board of the Study program Energy and environment at NTNU.
- Member of REHVA Journal editorial board.
- EP8302 - Simulation and Optimization of Thermal Systems
- TEP4530 - Energy and Indoor Environment, Specialization Project
- TEP4235 - Energy Management in Buildings
- TEP4225 - Energy and Environment
- EP8301 - Advanced Building Performance Simulation
- TEP4245 - HVAC Engineering
- TEP4120 - Engineering Thermodynamics 1
- TEP4910 - Energy and Indoor Environment, Master's Thesis
- TEP4535 - Thermal Energy and Indoor Environment, Specialization Course
- TET4135 - Energy Systems Planning and Operation
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Nonlinear model predictive control for the space heating system of a university building in Norway. Energy. vol. 253.
- (2022) Distinguish between the economic optimal and lowest distribution temperatures for heat-prosumer-based district heating systems with short-term thermal energy storage. Energy. vol. 248.
- (2022) The effect of building attributes on the energy performance at a scale: an inferential analysis. Building Research & Information.
- (2021) A highly innovative yet cost-effective multi-generation energy system for net-zero energy buildings. Energy Conversion and Management. vol. 237.
- (2021) A systematic approach for data analysis and prediction methods for annual energy profiles: An example for school buildings in Norway. Energy and Buildings. vol. 247.
- (2021) Analysis of electricity use and economic impacts for buildings with electric heating under lockdown conditions: examples for educational buildings and residential buildings in Norway. Sustainable Cities and Society (SCS). vol. 74.
- (2021) Data-driven analysis of electricity use for office buildings: a Norwegian case study. E3S Web of Conferences. vol. 246.
- (2021) Model predictive control under weather forecast uncertainty for HVAC systems in university buildings. Energy and Buildings. vol. 257.
- (2021) Analysis of heat use profiles in Norwegian educational institutions in conditions of COVID-lockdown. Journal of Building Engineering. vol. 43.
- (2021) Cost savings and CO2 emissions reduction potential in the German district heating system with demand response. Science and Technology for the Built Environment. vol. 28 (2).
- (2021) Techno-economic analysis of implementing thermal storage for peak load shaving in a campus district heating system with waste heat from the data centre. E3S Web of Conferences. vol. 246.
- (2021) Energy, economic, and environmental analysis of integration of thermal energy storage into district heating systems using waste heat from data centres. Energy. vol. 219.
- (2021) Optimize heat prosumers' economic performance under current heating price models by using water tank thermal energy storage. Energy. vol. 239 (B).
- (2021) Swimming pool heating technology: A state-of-the-art review. Building Simulation. vol. 14.
- (2021) Study of a water-source CO2 heat pump for residential use: experimental discharge pressure control and performance analysis. E3S Web of Conferences. vol. 246.
- (2021) Energy Pathways for Future Norwegian Residential Building Areas. Energies. vol. 14 (4).
- (2021) DHW tank sizing considering dynamic energy prices. E3S Web of Conferences. vol. 246.
- (2021) Data informed physical models for district heating grids with distributed heat sources to understand thermal and hydraulic aspects. Energy. vol. 222.
- (2021) Life cycle analysis of GHG emissions from the building retrofitting: The case of a Norwegian office building. Building and Environment. vol. 204.
- (2021) Achieving zero-energy building performance with thermal and visual comfort enhancement through optimization of fenestration, envelope, shading device, and energy supply system. Sustainable Energy Technologies and Assessments. vol. 44.