Background and activities
My research focuses on improvement of indoor airflow distribution and creation of a health indoor environment. It aims to provide a better understanding on how different factors will affect and change the indoor environment quality. My research involves:
- ventilation and airflow distribution in hospitals
- protected zone ventilation
- thermal comfort
- prevention of personal exposure
- indoor environment quality in operating rooms
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Ventilation design conditions associated with airborne bacteria levels within the wound area during surgical procedures: a systematic review. Journal of Hospital Infection. vol. 113.
- (2021) Experimental and simulated evaluations of airborne contaminant exposure in a room with a modified localized laminar airflow system. Environmental science and pollution research international.
- (2021) Suitability evaluation on laminar airflow and mixing airflow distribution strategies in operating rooms: A case study at St. Olavs Hospital. Building and Environment. vol. 194.
- (2021) BIM Integrated LCA for Promoting Circular Economy towards Sustainable Construction: An Analytical Review. Sustainability. vol. 13 (3).
- (2020) Experimental measurements of surgical microenvironments in two operating rooms with laminar airflow and mixing ventilation systems. Energy and Built Environment (EBE). vol. 2 (2).
- (2020) Experimental study of the interaction between thermal plumes and human breathing in an undisturbed indoor environment. Energy and Buildings. vol. 207.
- (2020) Experimental research on effectiveness of personalized ventilation in sleep environment of an infant. Journal of HV&AC. vol. 7.
- (2020) Operating room ventilation and the risk of revision due to infection after total hip arthroplasty: assessment of validated data in the Norwegian Arthroplasty Register. Journal of Hospital Infection.
- (2020) Can CO2 sensors in the ventilation system of a pool facility help reduce the variability in the trihalomethane concentration observed in indoor air?. Environment International. vol. 138 (105665).
- (2020) Natural heat transfer air-conditioning terminal device and its system configuration for ultra-low energy buildings. Renewable Energy. vol. 154.
- (2020) Thermal and flow resistance characteristics of a parallel-pipe type natural heat transfer air-conditioning terminal device for nearly zero energy buildings. Indoor and Built Environment. vol. 29 (9).
- (2020) Experimental study on the effect of exhaust airflows on the surgical environment in an operating room with mixing ventilation. Journal of Building Engineering. vol. 32.
- (2020) A Simple and Novel Method to Predict the Hospital Energy Use Based on Machine Learning: A Case Study in Norway. Communications in Computer and Information Science. vol. 1332.
- (2020) The impact of air change rate on the air quality of surgical microenvironment in an operating room with mixing ventilation. Journal of Building Engineering. vol. 32:101770.
- (2020) Ventilation in low energy residences – a survey on code requirements, implementation barriers and operational challenges from seven European countries. The International Journal of Ventilation.
- (2019) Evaluation of airborne contaminant exposure in a single-bed isolation ward equipped with a protected occupied zone ventilation system. Indoor and Built Environment. vol. 28 (8).
- (2019) An experimental study on the effects of positioning medical equipment on contaminant exposure of a patient in an operating room with unidirectional downflow. Building and Environment. vol. 165.
- (2019) CFD study of the air distribution and occupant draught sensation in a patient ward equipped with protected zone ventilation. Building and Environment. vol. 162.
- (2019) Laminar airflow and mixing ventilation: Which is better for operating room airflow distribution near an orthopedic surgical patient?. American Journal of Infection Control. vol. 47 (7).
- (2019) Comparison of laminar and mixing airflow pattern in operating rooms of a Norwegian hospital. REHVA European HVAC Journal. vol. 57 (6).