Background and activities
Ramampiaro is Professor at the Department of Computer Science, NTNU Trondheim. He is Head of the Data and Artificial Intelligence (DART) group, and serves as Deputy Head (Vice Chair) of the department. Ramampiaro has been central in the establishment of the Telenor–NTNU AI-Lab, an AI research center at NTNU (now Norwegian Open AI-Lab), for which he was NTNU's scientific coordinator. His current main research interests include information retrieval, information extraction, data/text mining and machine learning.
I am teaching/lecturing in the following courses:
- TDT4117 Information Retrieval
- IT8802 Advanced Information Retrieval (Doctoral course)
- TDT4305 Big Data Architecture
- IT3902 - Informatics Postgraduate Thesis: Data and Information Management
I have been involved in a number of projects during recent years, including:
- MUSED - Strategic Research Project (2016-2019)
Role: Principal Investigator
Funding 1 PhD and 1 Postdoc fellowship (approx. 1M USD)
- Big Data - Faculty Strategic Researh Area (2013-present)
Role: Project Coordinator/Leader.
Funding 2 PhD and 1 Postdoc fellowships (approx. 1M USD).
- "CAIM - Context-Aware Image Management" (2009-2013)
Role: Co-Principal Investigator.
Funded by the research council of Norway (the VERDIKT programe) - Approx. 1.5M USD
In addition I am participating/PMC in the following project: