Background and activities
Dr. Ramampiaro is an Associate Professor at the Department of Computer Science, NTNU. He is head of the Data and Artificial Intelligence (DART) group, and Deputy Head of Department. Ramampiaro's main research interests include information retrieval, data and text mining, and machine learning.
I am teaching/lecturing in the following courses:
- TDT4117 Information Retrieval
- IT8802 Advanced Information Retrieval (Doctoral course)
- TDT4305 Big Data Architecture
- IT3902 - Informatics Postgraduate Thesis: Data and Information Management
I have been involved in a number of projects during recent years, including:
- MUSED - Strategic Research Project (2016-2019)
Role: Principal Investigator
Funding 1 PhD and 1 Postdoc fellowship (approx. 1M USD)
- Big Data - Faculty Strategic Researh Area (2013-present)
Role: Project Coordinator/Leader.
Funding 2 PhD and 1 Postdoc fellowships (approx. 1M USD).
- "CAIM - Context-Aware Image Management" (2009-2013)
Role: Co-Principal Investigator.
Funded by the research council of Norway (the VERDIKT programe) - Approx. 1.5M USD
In addition I am participating/PMC in the following project:
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Towards efficiently mining closed high utility itemsets from incremental databases. Knowledge-Based Systems. vol. 165.
- (2018) A deep network model for paraphrase detection in short text messages. Information Processing & Management. vol. 54.
- (2018) Applying temporal dependence to detect changes in streaming data. Applied intelligence (Boston). vol. 48 (12).
- (2018) High utility drift detection in quantitative data streams. Knowledge-Based Systems. vol. 157.
- (2018) Spatial Statistics of Term Co-occurrences for Location Prediction of Tweets. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 10772.
- (2018) Effective hate-speech detection in Twitter data using recurrent neural networks. Applied intelligence (Boston). vol. 48 (12).
- (2018) Extracting news events from microblogs. Journal of Statistics & Management Systems. vol. 21 (4).
- (2017) Content-Based Social Recommendation with Poisson Matrix Factorization. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 10534 LNAI.
- (2017) Efficient High Utility Itemset Mining using Buffered Utility-Lists. Applied intelligence (Boston). vol. 48 (7).
- (2015) Geo-Temporal Distribution of Tag Terms for Event-Related Image Retrieval. Information Processing & Management. vol. 51 (1).
- (2014) Learning to Rank for Personalized Fashion Recommender Systems via Implicit Feedback. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 8891.
- (2014) A scalable algorithm for extraction and clustering of event-related pictures. Multimedia tools and applications. vol. 70 (1).
- (2013) Event-Related Image Retrieval: Exploring Geographical and Temporal Distribution of User Tags. International Journal of Multimedia Information Retrieval.
- (2013) Exploring Temporal Proximity and Spatial Distribution of Terms in Web-based Search of Event-Related Images. ACM Hypertext Proceedings.
- (2011) DNA Sequence Search Using Content-Based Image Search Approach. Advances in Intelligent and Soft Computing. vol. 93.
- (2011) Supporting BioMedical Information Retrieval: The BioTracer Approach. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 6990.
- (2011) NTNU@MediaEval 2011 Social Event Detection Task (SED). CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 807.
- (2010) BioMedical Information Retrieval: The BioTracer Approach. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 6266.
- (2005) Using the MOWAHS characterisation framework for development of mobile work applications. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 3547.
- (2004) A Locking Model for Mobile Databases in Mobile Environments. IASTED International Conference. Applied Informatics. Proceedings.