Background and activities
Associate Professor in transition design at the Department of Design (ID). PhD (2013) in design for sustainability. Deputy head of department at ID Trondheim (August 2019-).
Design for sustainability transitions, social practices, participatory design, sustainable consumption, sustainable urban development.
- 3C // Co-constructing city futures (2016-2019), RCN Idélab (sandpit) Cities that work
- Hug the streets (2016-2019), RCN Idélab (sandpit) Cities that work
- Circ€uit, The Circular European Economy Innovative Training Network (2016-2020), H2020 Marie Curie Innovative Training Network
- CCSDI, Cluster for Co-creative Service Design and Innovation (2017-2022), RCN HELSEVEL
- TRANS-URBAN-EU-CHINA (2018-2020), H2020 Research and Innovation Programme
- The Medical Home (2013-2016), RCN PRAKSISVEL
- MINDER, Methodologies for improvement of non-residential buildings' day-to-day energy-efficiency reliability (2013-2016), RCN ENERGIX
Teaching and supervision
- TPD4500 - Design 9, Specialisation Project, TPD4505 - Design Theory, Specialisation Course and TPD4900 - Industrial Design Engineeering, Master's Thesis
- PhD supervisor
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2019) User acceptance and adoption of circular offerings in the fashion sector: insights from user-generated online reviews. Journal of Cleaner Production. vol. 231.
- (2019) Consumer acceptance of edible insects and design interventions as adoption strategy. The International Journal of Food Design. vol. 4 (1).
- (2019) FM perceptions on occupant impact and the shaping of occupant engagement practice. Facilities.
- (2018) Consumption in the Circular Economy: A Literature Review. Sustainability. vol. 10 (8).
- (2018) Care relationships at stake? Home healthcare professionals' experiences with digital medicine dispensers - a qualitative study. BMC Health Services Research. vol. 18 (26).
- (2017) Ambitions at work: Professional practices and the energy performance of non-residential buildings in Norway. Energy Research & Social Science. vol. 32.
- (2016) Fostering absolute reductions in resource use: the potential role and feasibility of practice-oriented design. Journal of Cleaner Production. vol. 132.
- (2015) Towards practice-oriented design for sustainability: the compatibility with selected design fields. International Journal of Sustainable Engineering. vol. 8 (3).
- (2013) Framing the role of design in transformation of consumption practices: beyond the designer-product-user triad. International Journal of Technology Management. vol. 63 (1/2).
- (2008) The Ethics in Balancing Control and Freedom when Engineering Solutions for Sustainable Behaviour. International Journal of Sustainable Engineering. vol. 1 (4).
Part of book/report
- (2018) The tree as method: co-creating with urban ecosystems. Proceedings of the 15th Participatory Design Conference: Short Papers, Situated Actions, Workshops and Tutorial - Volume 2.
- (2017) The Future of Design for Sustainable Behaviour, Revisited. Sustainability Through Innovation in Product Life Cycle Design.
- (2017) Consumer and user acceptance in the circular economy: what are researchers missing?. PLATE: Product Lifetimes And The Environment.
- (2017) Design for endring av praksis. Velferdsteknologi i praksis.
- (2016) "By Their [Data] You Will Know Them": Historical Reflections on Capturing Patterns in Everyday Life. Everyday Futures.
- (2016) People and Activities in Energy Efficient Buildings: Comparative Study of User, Owner and Facilities Management Perspectives in Schools. Proceedings of the CIB World Building Congress 2016 Volume II Environmental opportunities and challenges, constructing, commitment and acknowledging human experiences.
- (2016) What ideas of users and their lifestyles exist amongst actors involved in the design and delivery of heating technologies?. Daily life, digital technologies and energy demand – A working paper collection.
- (2015) Practice-oriented research into energy management and use in non-residential buildings: the reliability gap framework. eceee Summer Study proceedings. eceee 2015 Summer Study First fuel now.
- (2014) How do material objects transcend the boundaries between professional and domestic practices?. Practices, the Built Environment and Sustainability – A Thinking Note Collection.
- (2014) Service Innovation and Welfare Technology for Sustainable Home Medication: Insights from Social Practice Theory. Proceedings of DRS 2014: Design's big debates. Design Research Society Biennal international conference 16-19 June 2014.
- (2013) Changing Practices: The Role of Design in Supporting the Sustainability of Everyday Life. 2013. ISBN 978-82-471-4361-2.