Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) “Sometimes it’s a bit too much Disney” exploring Norwegian parents and their ambiguous domestication of Disney. Journal of Children and Media. vol. 12 (4).
- (2017) Learning Like a Movie Star: Teacher’s Views on the Learning Potential of the Online Gaming and Social Community MovieStarPlanet. Proceedings of the ... European conference on games-based learning.
- (2016) Consuming Disney Channel: an actor-network perspective. Young Consumers. vol. 17 (4).
- (2015) The social construction of everyday concepts. Constructing the ”tween”. Barn.
Part of book/report
- (2014) Reassembling the Social. Media Practice and Everyday Agency in Europe.
- (2012) Tweens as a commercial target group. Children and Disney filling the category. Situating Child Consumption. Rethinking values and notions of children, childhood and consumption.
- (2011) Tween-Method and the Politics of Studying Kinderculture. Kinderculture: The corporate construction of childhood.
- (2014) Domesticating the Disney Tween Machine: Norwegian Tweens Enacting Age and Everyday Life. 2014. ISBN 978-82-326-0438-8.
- (2005) Children using television: An empirical and theoretical discussion. 2005.