Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2019) A time-series model for estimating temporal variation in phenotypic selection on laying dates in a Dutch great tit population. Methods in Ecology and Evolution. vol. 10 (9).
- (2018) Environmental drivers of varying selective optima in a small passerine: A multivariate, multiepisodic approach. Evolution. vol. 72 (11).
- (2017) Domestication and fitness in the wild: A multivariate view. Evolution. vol. 71 (9).
- (2015) Estimating the variation, autocorrelation, and environmental sensitivity of phenotypic selection. Evolution. vol. 69 (9).
- (2015) Butterfly dispersal across Amazonia and its implication for biogeography. Ecography. vol. 38 (4).
- (2015) Genetic evolution, plasticity, and bet-hedging as adaptive responses to temporally autocorrelated fluctuating selection: A quantitative genetic model. Evolution. vol. 69 (8).
- (2013) Modelling wild-domestic interbreeding: How selection on a quantitative trait affects gene flow at a neutral locus. Journal of Theoretical Biology. vol. 332.
- (2012) COMPARISON OF NON-GAUSSIAN QUANTITATIVE GENETIC MODELS FOR MIGRATION AND STABILIZING SELECTION. Evolution. vol. 66 (11).
- (2012) Estimating Brownian motion dispersal rate, longevity and population density from spatially explicit mark-recapture data on tropical butterflies. Journal of Animal Ecology. vol. 81 (4).
- (2011) Varying disease-mediated selection at different life-history stages of Atlantic salmon in fresh water. Evolutionary Applications. vol. 4 (6).
- (2010) Effective size of an Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.) metapopulation in Northern Spain. Conservation Genetics. vol. 11 (4).
- (2010) GENE FLOW FROM DOMESTICATED SPECIES TO WILD RELATIVES: MIGRATION LOAD IN A MODEL OF MULTIVARIATE SELECTION. Evolution. vol. 64 (1).
- (2009) Age, size and spatio-temporal variation in ovulation patterns of a seasonal breeder, the Norwegian moose (Alces alces). American Naturalist. vol. 173 (1).
- (2007) Natural selection acts on Atlantic salmon major histocompatibility (MH) variability in the wild. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Biological Sciences. vol. 274.
- (2005) A parametric model for estimation of dispersal patterns applied to five passerine spatially structured populations. American Naturalist. vol. 165 (1).
- (2003) Effective size in management and conservation of subdivided populations. Journal of Theoretical Biology. vol. 222.
- (2001) Effects of releasing maladapted individuals: A demographic-evolutionary model. American Naturalist. vol. 158 (4).
- (2000) The evolution of plasticity and non-plastic spatial and temporal adaptations in the presence of imperfect environmental cues. American Naturalist. vol. 156.
- (2000) Population dynamical consequences of climate change for a small temperate songbird. Science. vol. 287 (5454).
- (2000) Bayesian meta-analysis of demographic parameters in three small, temperate passerines. Oikos. vol. 88.
- (1999) Harvesting strategies for conserving minimum viable populations based on World Conservation Union criteria: brown bears in Norway. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Biological Sciences. vol. 266.
- (1998) Analysis of Genetic Structure and Dispersal Patterns in a Population of Sea Beet. Genetics. vol. 149.
- (1998) Statistical models of transitive and intransitive dominance structures. Animal Behaviour. vol. 55.
- (1998) Spatial models of pollen dispersal in the forage grass meadow fescue. Evolutionary Ecology. vol. 12.
- (1997) Stochastic dispersal processes in plant populations. Theoretical Population Biology. vol. 52 (1).
- (1996) Habitat use and ecological correlates of home range size in a small cervid; the roe deer. Journal of Animal Ecology. vol. 65.
- (1996) Inferring patterns of migration from gene frequencies under equilibrium conditions. Genetics. vol. 144 (4).