Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Cross-sectional study of BMI, weight concern, body size perception, dieting and mental distress in adolescents: The HUNT Study. BMJ Open. vol. 12:e045962.
- (2021) Sex-specific height-correction of weight in a population with ethnic groups that differ in stature - the SAMINOR 1 Survey: a cross-sectional study. Socialmedicinsk Tidskrift (SMT). vol. 98 (5/6).
- (2021) Obesity measures, metabolic health and their association with 15-year all-cause and cardiovascular mortality in the SAMINOR 1 Survey: a population-based cohort study. BMC Cardiovascular Disorders. vol. 21 (1).
- (2021) Intergenerational polygenic obesity risk throughout adolescence in a cross-sectional study design: The HUNT study, Norway. Obesity. vol. 29 (11).
- (2020) Genetic associations with temporal shifts in obesity and severe obesity during the obesity epidemic in Norway: A longitudinal population-based cohort (the HUNT Study). PLoS Medicine.
- (2020) A descriptive study of ten-year longitudinal changes in weight and waist circumference in the multi-ethnic rural Northern Norway. The SAMINOR Study, 2003-2014. PLOS ONE. vol. 15 (2).
- (2020) Underestimation of Overweight and Health Beneficial Outcomes in Two Adolescent Chorts in Norway - The HUNT study. Journal of Adolescent Health.
- (2020) Relationships between metabolic markers and obesity measures in two populations that differ in stature—The SAMINOR Study. Obesity Science & Practice.
- (2020) Impact of road traffic noise on obesity measures: Observational study of three European cohorts. Environmental Research. vol. 191 (110013).
- (2019) Weight underestimation linked to anxiety and depression in a cross-sectional study of overweight individuals in a Sami and non-Sami Norwegian population: the SAMINOR Study. BMJ Open. vol. 9:e03180 (11).
- (2019) Change in prevalence and severity of metabolic syndrome in the Sami and non-Sami population in rural Northern Norway using a repeated cross-sectional population-based study design: the SAMINOR Study. BMJ Open. vol. 9 (6).
- (2019) Suicidal ideation in relation to disordered eating, body size and weight perception: a cross-sectional study of a Norwegian adolescent population - The HUNT Study. BMJ Open. vol. 9:e029809 (7).
- (2019) Adiposity and asthma in adults: a bidirectional Mendelian randomisation analysis of The HUNT Study. Thorax.
- (2018) Epigenome-wide methylation differences in a group of lean and obese women – A HUNT Study. Scientific Reports. vol. 8.
- (2018) Cross-sectional associations between weight misperception and symptoms of anxiety/depression and life satisfaction in overweight/obese adolescents from two cohorts in Norway - The HUNT Study. Obesity Facts. vol. 11 (S1).
- (2018) Implications of parental lifestyle changes and education level on adolescent offspring weight: a population based cohort study - The HUNT Study, Norway. BMJ Open. vol. 8 (8).
- (2018) Associations between parental polygenic obesity risk and offspring`s weight at birth, early and late adolescence - The HUNT Study, Norway. Norsk Epidemiologi, Supplement. vol. 28.
- (2017) Genome-wide physical activity interactions in adiposity - A meta-analysis of 200,452 adults. PLoS Genetics. vol. 13:e1006528 (4).
- (2017) Genome-wide meta-analysis of 241,258 adults accounting for smoking behaviour identifies novel loci for obesity traits. Nature Communications. vol. 8:14977.
- (2017) Disordered eating in Sami and non-Sami Norwegian populations: the SAMINOR 2 Clinical Survey. Public Health Nutrition. vol. 21 (6).
- (2017) Phylogeny and new taxonomy of the Booted Eagles (Accipitriformes: Aquilinae). Zootaxa. vol. 4216 (4).
- (2017) Effects of single genetic variants and polygenic obesity risk scores on disordered eating in adolescentseThe HUNT study. Appetite. vol. 118.
- (2017) Influence of Storage and inter- and intra-Assay Variability on the Measurement of Inflammatory Biomarkers in Population-Based Biobanking. Biopreservation and Biobanking. vol. 15 (6).
- (2016) The genetics of blood pressure regulation and its target organs from association studies in 342,415 individuals. Nature Genetics. vol. 48 (10).
- (2016) Intergenerational transmission of overweight and obesity from parents to their adolescent offspring - The HUNT study. PLOS ONE. vol. 11 (11).
- (2016) The association of air pollution and depressed mood in 70,928 individuals from four European cohorts. International Journal of Hygiene and Environmental Health. vol. 219 (2).
- (2015) Genetic Effects on Longitudinal Changes from Healthy to Adverse Weight and Metabolic Status—The HUNT Study. PLOS ONE. vol. 10 (10).
- (2015) Presence of anti-GAD in a non-diabetic population of adults; time dynamics and clinical influence: results from the HUNT study. BMJ Open Diabetes Research & Care. vol. 3 (1).
- (2014) DataSHIELD: Taking the analysis to the data, not the data to the analysis. International Journal of Epidemiology. vol. 43 (6).
- (2014) The prevalence of metabolic syndrome and metabolically healthy obesity in Europe: A collaborative analysis of ten large cohort studies. BMC Endocrine Disorders. vol. 14.
- (2013) Data harmonization and federated analysis of population-based studies: the BioSHaRE project. Emerging Themes in Epidemiology. vol. 21 (10).
- (2013) Sex-specific effects of weight-affecting gene variants in a life course perspective-The HUNT Study, Norway. International Journal of Obesity. vol. 37 (9).
- (2013) Prevalence of ZnT8 antibody in relation to phenotype and SLC30A8 polymorphism in adult autoimmune diabetes. Results from the HUNT study, Norway. Autoimmunity. vol. 46 (1).
- (2013) Causal relationship between obesity and vitamin D status: bi-directional Mendelian randomization analysis of multiple cohorts. PLoS Medicine. vol. 10 (2).
- (2012) Leisure time activities in adolescence in the presence of susceptibility genes for obesity: risk or resilience against overweight in adulthood? The HUNT study. BMC Public Health. vol. 12.
- (2012) Being normal weight, but feeling overweight in adolescence may effect weight development into young adulthood - An 11-year follow-up: The HUNT Study, Norway. Journal of Obesity.
- (2012) Obesity-Susceptibility Loci and Their Influence on Adiposity-Related Traits in Transition from Adolescence to Adulthood - The HUNT Study. PLOS ONE. vol. 7 (10).
- (2012) Time dynamics of autoantibodies are coupled to phenotypes and add to the heterogeneity of autoimmune diabetes in adults: the HUNT study, Norway. Diabetologia. vol. 55 (5).
- (2011) Common variants show predicted polygenic effects on height in the tails of the distribution, except in extremely short individuals. PLoS Genetics. vol. 7 (12).
- (2010) Meta-analysis identifies 13 new loci associated with waist-hip ratio and reveals sexual dimorphism in the genetic basis of fat distribution. Nature Genetics. vol. 42 (11).
- (2010) Association analyses of 249,796 individuals reveal 18 new loci associated with body mass index. Nature Genetics. vol. 42 (11).
- (2010) Genetic diversity and landscape genetic structure of otter (Lutra lutra) populations in Europe. Conservation Genetics. vol. 11 (2).
- (2010) Genetic heterogeneity in latent autoimmune diabetes (LADA) is linked to a varying degree of autoimmune activity. Results from the Nord-Trondelag Health Study. Diabetes. vol. 59 (1).
- (2009) The titre of antiGAD influences diabetes-associated genes in LADA patients: results from the HUNT study. Diabetologia. vol. 52.
- (2001) Sequence variation in the human uracil-DNA glycosylase (UNG) gene. Mutation Research (DNA Repair). vol. 461 (4).
- (1996) Human uracil-DNA glycosylase gene: sequence organization, methylation pattern, and mapping to chromosome 12q23-q24.1. Genomics, Society and Policy.
- (1996) Human uracil-DNA glycosylase gene : sequence organization, methylation pattern, and mapping to chromosome 12q23-q24.1. Genomics. vol. 36.
- (2020) Vekt og midjeomkrets økte mer for yngre enn for eldre voksne i løpet av en tiårsperiode.
- (2019) Weight underestimation linked to anxiety and depression in a study of overweight individuals in a Sami and non-Sami Norwegian population: the SAMINOR Study. The NOFE Conference 2019 . NOFE, Norsk forening for epidemiologi; Oslo. 2019-11-13.
- (2019) EXPLORING ASSOCIATIONS BETWEEN “BODY SIZE PERCEPTION, DISORDERED EATING, BMI AND MENTAL DISTRESS” AND “DIETING” IN A NORWEGIAN COMMUNITY ADOLESCENT SAMPLE, THE NORD-TRØNDELAG HEALTH STUDY (YH3). 27th European psychiatric association congress, Warsaw . European psychiatric association EPA; Warsaw. 2019-04-06 - 2019-04-09.