Background and activities
I work as a Postdoctoral Fellow at K.G. Jebsen Center for Genetic Epidemiology, NTNU, and as a Clinical Resident at Department of Dermatology, St. Olavs hospital, Trondheim, Norway. I’m interested to learn more about how genes contribute to the development of inflammatory skin diseases, including psoriasis and atopic dermatitis. My work includes genetic studies using data from the Nord-Trøndelag Health Study (HUNT) in combination with regional- and national health registries, and RNA sequencing data from psoriasis-related skin samples. In my group we aim to reveal novel mechanisms for disease development and to translate these insights into prevention strategies and treatments.
You can read more about our ongoing projects and collaborations here:
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Evidence of a causal relationship between body mass index and psoriasis: A mendelian randomization study. Nature Methods. vol. 16:e1002739 (1).
- (2019) Genetics of Atopic Dermatitis: From DNA Sequence to Clinical Relevance. Dermatology.
- (2019) Høyere vekt øker risikoen for psoriasis. Gemini [Fagblad]. 2019-05-01.
- (2018) 743 HUNTing for genes that affect inflammatory skin disease in 4,071 cases and 40,430 controls. Journal of Investigative Dermatology. vol. 138 (5).
- (2017) Brikker i et gigantisk puslespill. Hud & Helse [Tidsskrift]. 2017-09-01.
- (2017) Shared genetic origin of asthma, hay fever and eczema elucidates allergic disease biology. Nature Genetics. vol. 49 (12).
- (2017) Genetisk informasjon kan bidra til ny og mer målrettet behandling av psoriasis.
- (2016) HUNTing for Genes that Affect Psoriasis in ~2,900 Cases and ~48,000 Controls. The 33rd Nordic Congress of Dermatology and Venereolgy ; 2016-04-27 - 2016-04-29.
- (2016) HUNTing for Genes that Affect Psoriasis in ~2,900 Cases and ~48,000 Controls. Forum for Nordic Dermato-Venereology. vol. 21 (1).
- (2016) Establishing a biobank for gene expression studies of psoriasis. Frampeik ; Bergen. 2016-10-21 - 2016-10-23.
- (2014) Genetic predisposition to preeclampsia. Genetic association studies on population-based cohorts and transcriptional studies on decidua basalis tissue. Tapir Akademisk Forlag. 2014. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (47).
- (2014) Genetisk disposisjon for utvikling av preeklampsi. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening.
- (2014) Preeclampsia and cardiovascular disease share genetic risk factors on chromosome 2q22. Pregnancy Hypertension. vol. 4 (2).
- (2013) Svangerskap og hjertehelse. Bergens Tidende.
- (2013) A SNP associated with susceptibility to preeclampsia near the Inhibin, beta B gene, is also associated with cardiovascular disease risk traits. European Congress of the International Society for the Study of Hypertension in Pregnancy ; Tromsø. 2013-06-12 - 2013-06-14.
- (2013) A SNP associated with susceptibility to preeclampsia near the Inhibin, beta B gene, is also associated with cardiovascular disease risk traits. Pregnancy Hypertension. vol. 3 (2).
- (2012) Exome sequencing identifies likely functional variants influencing preeclampsia and CVD risk. Pregnancy Hypertension 2012: Vol. 2, Issue 3, Pages 203-204 ; 2012-07-09 - 2012-07-12.
- (2012) Shared genetic risk factors for preeclapmsia and cardiovascular disease. The XVIII ISSHP World Congress . ISSHP; Geneva. 2012-07-09 - 2012-07-12.
- (2012) Shared genetic risk factors for preeclampsia and cardiovascular disease. Pregnancy Hypertension. vol. 2 (3).
- (2011) A transcriptional profile of the decidua in preeclampsia. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. vol. 204 (1).
- (2011) Partial correlation network analyses to detect altered gene interactions in human disease: using preeclampsia as a model. Human Genetics. vol. 129 (1).
- (2011) Increased endoplasmic reticulum stress in decidual tissue from pregnancies complicated by fetal growth restriction with and without pre-eclampsia. Placenta. vol. 32 (11).
- (2011) Endoplasmic reticulum stress in decidual tissue from pregnancies complicated by pre-eclampsia and fetal growth restriction. Placenta. vol. 32 (9).
- (2010) STOX2 but not STOX1 is differently expressed in preeclampstic decidua from Norwegian women: data from the Second Nord-Trondelag Health Study. Molecular human reproduction. vol. 16 (12).
- (2010) Endoplasmatic reticulum stress in decidual tissue from pregnancies complicated with preeclampsia. Hypertension in Pregnancy. vol. 1.