Background and activities
Shen Yin is a Full Professor (DNV-GL Professorship) at the Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, NTNU. He received a Dr.-Ing. degree from the University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany, in 2012. His research interests include
- Fault diagnosis/prognosis and fault-tolerance
- Reliability, safety, and security
- System and control theory
- Data-driven monitoring and optimization
- Machine learning and computer vision
- Applications on health diagnosis and cyber-physical systems
He is a senior member of IEEE and a full member of Sigma Xi, the Scientific Research Honor Society. He was the Founder-Chair of the Technical Committee of IEEE Industrial Electronics Society on Data-Driven Control and Monitoring (2013-2016). He is a member of IFAC Technical Committee 6.4. Fault Detection, Supervision & Safety of Technical Processes.
He serves as Deputy Editor-in-Chief of Discover Artificial Intelligence (Springer, from 2020), Associate Editors for IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics (from 2014), Neurocomputing (from 2014), IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics (from 2016), IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Industrial Electronics (from 2019), Transactions of the Institute of Measurement and Control (from 2019), IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems (from 2022), etc. He was an Associate Editors for IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering (2017-2020), IEEE Access (2017-2022), Journal of the Franklin Institute (2014-2018), and Guest Editors for Proceedings of the IEEE (2016), IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics (2016), Information Science (2016), IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems (2019), etc.
He received the NAMUR Award for "Process Automation" from the User Association of Automation Technology in Process Industries (2012), the Best Paper Award from the IEEE Transaction on Industrial Electronics (2015), and the China Youth Science and Technology Award (2020), etc. He was consecutively named a Highly Cited Researcher by Clarivate in 2016-2021.
- TMM4935 - Industrial ICT, Master's Thesis
- TPK4161 - Supply Chain Analytics
- TPK4950 - Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, and Safety, Master's Thesis
- TMM4560 - Engineering Design and Materials, Specialization Project
- TMM4960 - Engineering Design and Materials, Master's Thesis
- TPK4120 - Safety and Reliability Analysis
- TPK4550 - Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety, Specialization Project
- TPK5115 - Risk Management in Projects
- TPK4450 - Digitalized Solutions to Prognosis, Predictive Maintenance and Safety Analysis