Course - Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety, Specialization Project - TPK4550
TPK4550 - Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety, Specialization Project
Examination arrangement: Work
Grade: Letter grades
|Evaluation||Weighting||Duration||Grade deviation||Examination aids|
The course includes aspects of reliability, availability, maintainability and safety (RAMS).
Knowledge, after completion of this course, the student will have knowledge related to:
- In depth, one or more of the topics safety, reliabaility and maintenance, and apply this both on theoretical and industrial cases.
- In depth, understanding of scientifically research and publication.
Skills, after completion of this course, the student will have skills related to:
- Catch up knowledge through literature study and other reliable sources.
- Be able to catch up information through imperical survey/research and reports.
- Be able to evaluate sources to the topic contex.
- Carry out independent project work.
- Be able to write project reports and present the results.
General competence, after completion of this course, the student will have general competence related to developing abilities to carry out analyses, evaluations and work out relevant conclusions.
Learning methods and activities
Independent project work with guidance and advice. The guidance and advice are in English when students who do not speak Norwegian take the course.
Further on evaluation
Information about writing and submitting your project can be found on NTNU's website under your department. If the project is performed as group work, the students and supervisor shall make an agreement (preferably at start-up) about individual or joint assessment of the final project report. The project has to be submitted in NTNU's examination system Inspera Assessment.
For a re-take of an examination, all assessments during the course must be re-taken.
Recommended previous knowledge
Students should ideally have most of the following courses:
TPK4120 Safety and Reliability Analysis, TPK4140 Maintenance Management, TPK5115 Risk Management in Projects, TPK5160 Risk Analysis, TPK5120 Elements of Model Engineering and TPK5165 RAMS Engineering and Management.
The students must choose TPK5170 Design and Reliability Analysis of Digitalized Safety Systems or TPK4450 Data Driven Prognostics and Predictive Maintenance together with this specialization project.
Required previous knowledge
TPK4120 Safety and Reliability Analysis.
The course material will be presented at the start of the semester and during the semester.
Credits: 15.0 SP
Study level: Second degree level
Term no.: 1
Teaching semester: AUTUMN 2023
Language of instruction: English, Norwegian
- Safety, Reliability and Maintenance
- Technological subjects
Examination arrangement: Work
- Term Status code Evaluation Weighting Examination aids Date Time Examination system Room *
Room Building Number of candidates
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date. If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.
For more information regarding registration for examination and examination procedures, see "Innsida - Exams"