Background and activities
- Maintenance management
- Maintenance optimisation
- Reliability Technology
- Risk and safety analysis
- Statistical methods
- Risk influence modelling
- Data analysis
- Safety Culture
- Societal security
- Reliability of Safety Instrumented systems (IEC 61508)
- 2002 -Professor, Dept of Production and Quality Engineering, NTNU
- 2002 - Senior Engineer adviser at the Norwegian Rail Administration
- 2002 -Scientific Advisor, SINTEF Safety and Reliability
- 2000 - 2002 Associated Professor, Dept of Production and Quality Engineering, NTNU
- 1997 - 2002 Senior Scientist at SINTEF Industrial Management, dept. Safety & Reliability
- 1991 - 1996 PhD student at NTNU
- 1987 - 1997 Scientist at SINTEF Industrial Management, dept. Safety and Reliability
- 1986 - 1991 Lecturer, Dept. of Mathematical Statistics, NTNU
- 1985 - 1986 Scientific assistant, Dept. of Mathematical Statistics, NTNU
Membership in academic and professional committees:
- Coordinator of evaluation committee of Mary Ann Lundteigen (Professorship at NTNU)
- Member of examination committee of Eirik Bjorheim Abrahamsen (PhD-work)
- Member of examination committee of Vidar Kristensen (PhD-work)
- Coordinator of evaluation committee of Leif T. Sunde (Professorship at NTNU)
- Member of pre-examination committee of Tony Rosqvist (PhD-work)
- Coordinator of evaluation committee of Lesley Walls (Professorship at NTNU)
- Member of examination committee of Sigve Apeland (PhD-work)
Publications listed in the Frida database
MSc courses at NTNU:
- TPK4120 Safety and Reliability Analysis
- RAMS optimization
- PK8200 Risk Influence Modelling and Risk Indicators
Continuing Education Courses:
- Maintenance Optimization
- Safety and Reliability in Railway Applications
- Project Risk Management
- Priorisation of Risk Reducing Measures - Modeling and Concepts
- PK8207 - Maintenance Optimisation
- TPK4550 - Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety, Specialization Project
- TPK4450 - Digitalized Solutions to Prognosis, Predictive Maintenance and Safety Analysis
- PK8201 - Safety-Critical System
- PK6029 - Digital solutions for planning and optimization of maintenance
- TPK4950 - Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, and Safety, Master's Thesis
- TPK5170 - Design and Reliability Analysis of Digitalized Safety Systems
- PK6017 - Risk Analysis
- PK6901 - Organization and Leadership, Master's Thesis
- PK6018 - Safety and Reliability Analysis
- PK6031 - Digital Twins for Managing Safety and Reliability of Systems
- TPK4120 - Safety and Reliability Analysis
- PK8200 - Risk Influence Modelling and Risk Indicators
- TPK5115 - Risk Management in Projects
- TPK4161 - Supply Chain Analytics
- PK6021 - Maintenance Optimisation
- TPK4140 - Maintenance Management
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Optimized Random Forest Model for Remaining Useful Life Prediction of Experimental Bearings. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics.
- (2022) An Extreme Gradient Boosting Aided Fault Diagnosis Approach: A Case Study of Fuse Test Bench. IEEE Transactions on Artificial Intelligence (TAI).
- (2022) A comparison study for bearing remaining useful life prediction by using standard stochastic approach and digital twin. International Journal of Reliability and Safety.
- (2022) Comparing Offshore Support Vessel Production Times between Different Offshoring Strategies Practiced at Norwegian Shipyards. Journal of Ship Production and Design. vol. 38 (2).
- (2021) Gibbs sampler for noisy Transformed Gamma process: Inference and remaining useful life estimation. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 217 (108084).
- (2020) PERFORMANCE OF PROGNOSIS INDICATORS FOR SUPERIMPOSED RENEWAL PROCESSES. Probability in the engineering and informational sciences (Print).
- (2020) Steady-state imperfect repair models. European Journal of Operational Research. vol. 286 (2).
- (2020) Unobserved heterogeneity in stable imperfect repair models. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 203.
- (2019) CONWIP implementation in a system with cross-trained teams. International Journal of Production Research. vol. 57 (20).
- (2018) Achieving Balanced Workload Distribution Amongst Cross-Trained Teams. IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology. vol. IFIP AICT 535.
- (2017) Recommended practices for wind farm data collection and reliability assessment for O&M optimization. Energy Procedia. vol. 137.
- (2012) Evaluation of the Risk OMT model for maintenance work on major offshore process equipment. Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries. vol. 25 (3).
- (2012) Role of grouping in the development of an overall maintenance optimization framework for offshore wind turbines. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers. Part O, Journal of risk and reliability. vol. 226 (6).
- (2012) Can we understand complex systems in terms of risk analysis?. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers. Part O, Journal of risk and reliability. vol. 226 (3).
- (2012) Risk modelling of maintenance work on major process equipment on offshore petroleum installations. Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries. vol. 25 (2).
- (2011) Challenges in the reliability and maintainability data collection for offshore wind turbines. Renewable Energy. vol. 36 (8).
- (2011) A method for risk modeling of interdependencies in critical infrastructures. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 96 (6).
- (2010) An approach to maintenance optimization where safety issues are important. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 95 (1).
- (2008) Reliability assessment of reliquefaction systems on LNG carriers. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 93 (9).
- (2008) Ethical dilemmas in traffic safety work. Safety Science. vol. 46 (10).