Background and activities
I am head of the Community Dynamics research area at the Centre for Biodiversity Dynamics (CBD). CBD is a Norwegian Centre of excellence (SFF). I am also part of the Ecology research group at the Department of Biology at NTNU
- BI3085 - Biology without borders
- BI2033 - Population Ecology
- BI8091 - Advanced Biology
- BI3084 - Applied Population Dynamics for Conservation and Management
- BI8081 - Advanced Conservation Biology
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Harvesting can stabilise population fluctuations and buffer the impacts of extreme climatic events. Ecology Letters.
- (2021) An evolutionary and ecological community model for distribution of phenotypes and abundances among competing species. The American Naturalist. vol. 198 (1).
- (2021) Co-occurrences of tropical trees in eastern South America: disentangling abiotic and biotic forces. Plant Ecology. vol. 222.
- (2021) Competitors and ruderals go to town: plant community composition and function along an urbanisation gradient. Nordic Journal of Botany (NJB). vol. 39 (4).
- (2021) Species data for understanding biodiversity dynamics: The what, where and when of species occurrence data collection. Ecological Solutions and Evidence. vol. 2.
- (2020) High-Arctic family planning: earlier spring onset advances age at first reproduction in barnacle geese. Biology Letters. vol. 16 (4).
- (2020) The Moran effect revisited: spatial population synchrony under global warming. Ecography. vol. 43.
- (2020) When does weather synchronise life history traits? Spatiotemporal patterns in juvenile body mass of two ungulates. Journal of Animal Ecology. vol. 89.
- (2020) Environmental change reduces body condition, but not population growth, in a high-arctic herbivore. Ecology Letters. vol. 24 (2).
- (2020) Climate synchronises shrub growth across a high‐arctic archipelago: contrasting implications of summer and winter warming. Oikos. vol. 129.
- (2020) Environmental change reduces body condition, but not population growth, in a high arctic herbivore. Ecology Letters. vol. 24 (2).
- (2020) Tropical forest management altered abundances of individual tree species but not diversity. Forest Ecology and Management. vol. 475.
- (2020) Urban aliens and threatened near-naturals: Land-cover affects the species richness of alien- and threatened species in an urban-rural setting. Scientific Reports. vol. 10.
- (2020) Density-Dependent Adaptive Topography in a Small Passerine Bird, the Collared Flycatcher. The American Naturalist. vol. 197 (1).
- (2019) More frequent extreme climate events stabilize reindeer population dynamics. Nature Communications. vol. 10 (1).
- (2019) Spatial heterogeneity in climate change effects decouples the long‐term dynamics of wild reindeer populations in the high Arctic. Global Change Biology. vol. 25 (11).
- (2019) Contrasting consequences of climate change for migratory geese: Predation, density dependence and carryover effects offset benefits of high‐arctic warming. Global Change Biology.
- (2019) Density‐dependent population dynamics of a high Arctic capital breeder, the barnacle goose. Journal of Animal Ecology. vol. 88 (8).
- (2019) Fragmented tropical forests lose mutualistic plant–animal interactions. Diversity and Distributions: A journal of biological invasions and biodiversity. vol. 00.
- (2017) Interactions between demography and environmental effects are important determinants of population dynamics. Science Advances. vol. 3 (2).