Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Interactions between demography and environmental effects are important determinants of population dynamics. Science Advances. vol. 3 (2).
- (2017) How are species interactions structured in species-rich communities? A new method for analysing time-series data. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Biological Sciences. vol. 284 (1855).
- (2016) Demographic buffering of life histories? Implications of the choice of measurement scale. Ecology. vol. 97 (1).
- (2016) Density dependence in an age-structured population of great tits: identifying the critical age classes. Ecology. vol. 97 (9).
- (2016) Demographic routes to variability and regulation in bird populations. Nature Communications. vol. 7.
- (2016) Evidence for r-and K-selection in a wild bird population: A reciprocal link between ecology and evolution. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Biological Sciences. vol. 283 (1829).
- (2015) An integrated population model for a long-lived ungulate: more efficient data use with Bayesian methods. Oikos. vol. 124 (6).
- (2014) Distance decay of similarity, effects of environmental noise and ecological heterogeneity among species in the spatio-temporal dynamics of a dispersal-limited community. Ecography. vol. 37 (2).
- (2014) Seasonal cycles of diversity and similarity in a Central American rainforest butterfly community. Ecography. vol. 37 (5).
- (2013) Climate Events Synchronize the Dynamics of a Resident Vertebrate Community in the High Arctic. Science. vol. 339 (6117).
- (2013) Interspecific differences in stochastic population dynamics explains variation in Taylor's temporal power law. Oikos. vol. 122 (8).
- (2013) Population Growth in a Wild Bird Is Buffered Against Phenological Mismatch. Science. vol. 340 (6131).
- (2013) How Life History Influences Population Dynamics in Fluctuating Environments. American Naturalist. vol. 182 (6).
- (2013) Species diversity and community similarity in fluctuating environments: parametric approaches using species abundance distributions. Journal of Animal Ecology. vol. 82 (4).
- (2012) Combining counts and incidence data: an efficient approach for estimating the log-normal species abundance distribution and diversity indices. Oecologia. vol. 170 (2).
- (2012) Stochastic Population Dynamics and Life-History Variation in Marine Fish Species. American Naturalist. vol. 180 (3).
- (2012) Seasonal cycles of species diversity and similarity in a tropical butterfly community. Journal of Animal Ecology. vol. 81 (3).
- (2012) Landscape heterogeneity and the effect of environmental conditions on prairie wetlands. Landscape Ecology. vol. 27 (10).
- (2011) Estimating similarity of communities: a parametric approach to spatio-temporal analysis of species diversity. Ecography. vol. 34 (2).
- (2011) Rarity, life history and scaling of the dynamics in time and space of British birds. Journal of Animal Ecology. vol. 80 (1).