New international student
We strongly encourage all new international students to attend Orientation Week 14 to 20 August 2017.
More information about Orientation Week will be published in July.
There is no fee to participate in this year's Orientation Week, but you are required to sign up for the activities. You will receive an email from the Office of International Relations with further details at the end of June.
Useful links and documents
- Orientation programme January 2017, updated 22.12.2016 (pdf)
- What you need to do as a new student (Intranet)
- Arrival checklist (July 2016 - pdf)
- Trondheim in your pocket (June 2016 - pdf)
- Academic Calendar
- Course timetables - If there is no timetable, please contact the department responsible for the course
- NTNU on Facebook
Local bus to NTNU
NTNU bus stops
- Studentersamfundet: Student Society
- Høgskoleringen or Gløshaugen Nord: Main Administration Building, Matriculation Ceremony, International House
- Gløshaugen Syd or Lerkendal gård: Natural Science Building (Realfagbygget)
Use ATB's travel planner to get specific route information.
Buying a ticket on the bus is expensive (NOK 50/trip). Cheaper one-way tickets can be bought from a ticket machine or by using Mobillett on your phone.
NTNU has various part-time classes to help you learn Norwegian as a second language, including a free online course.
Exchange students can join a 3-week intensive summer course in August. The course includes several day-trips in the surroundings of Trondheim, and a weekend-excursion to nearby mountains.