New international student
We strongly encourage all new international students to attend the Orientation Week that will take place in early January 2017.
Registration and fee
There is a fee of NOK 300 to participate in the social part of Orientation Week, which includes activities and meals. All information meetings are free. You do not need to register to attend these. Registration information will be published in December.
Useful links and documents
- Orientation programme (August 2016 - pdf)
- What you need to do as a new student (Intranet)
- Arrival checklist (July 2016 - pdf)
- Trondheim in your pocket (June 2016 - pdf)
- Academic Calendar
- Course timetables - If there is no timetable, please contact the department responsible for the course
- NTNU on Facebook
Local bus to NTNU
NTNU bus stops
- Studentersamfundet: Student Society
- Høgskoleringen or Gløshaugen Nord: Main Administration Building, Matriculation Ceremony, International House
- Gløshaugen Syd or Lerkendal gård: Natural Science Building (Realfagbygget)
Use ATB's travel planner to get specific route information.
Buying a ticket on the bus is expensive (NOK 50/trip). Cheaper one-way tickets can be bought from a ticket machine or by using Mobilett.
NTNU has various part-time classes to help you learn Norwegian as a second language, including a free online course.
Exchange students can join a 3-week intensive summer course in August. The course includes several day-trips in the surroundings of Trondheim, and a weekend-excursion to nearby mountains.