New international student
We strongly encourage all new international students to attend Orientation Week 5 to 8 January 2017.
Registration starts at 9:15 on Thursday 5 January in R1, Natural Science Building (Realfagbygget). The closest bus stops are Gløshaugen Syd and Lerkendal gård.
Questions about the Orientation Week? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration and fee
There is a fee of NOK 200 to participate in the social part of Orientation Week, which includes activities and meals.
The registration deadline has passed, but you can still join the social part of the Orientation Week. Please bring NOK 200 in exact change to pay on Thursday 5 December. You will be assigned activties where there are free spots.
All information meetings are free. You do not need to register to attend these.
Useful links and documents
- Orientation programme January 2017, updated 22.12.2016 (pdf)
- What you need to do as a new student (Intranet)
- Arrival checklist (July 2016 - pdf)
- Trondheim in your pocket (June 2016 - pdf)
- Academic Calendar
- Course timetables - If there is no timetable, please contact the department responsible for the course
- NTNU on Facebook
Local bus to NTNU
NTNU bus stops
- Studentersamfundet: Student Society
- Høgskoleringen or Gløshaugen Nord: Main Administration Building, Matriculation Ceremony, International House
- Gløshaugen Syd or Lerkendal gård: Natural Science Building (Realfagbygget)
Use ATB's travel planner to get specific route information.
Buying a ticket on the bus is expensive (NOK 50/trip). Cheaper one-way tickets can be bought from a ticket machine or by using Mobillett on your phone.
NTNU has various part-time classes to help you learn Norwegian as a second language, including a free online course.
Exchange students can join a 3-week intensive summer course in August. The course includes several day-trips in the surroundings of Trondheim, and a weekend-excursion to nearby mountains.