Project & Infrastructure
About mimac text
MiMaC aims to establish a world class Norwegian laboratory for structural characterization and high-sensitivity chemical analyses of minerals, metals and advanced nanomaterials in Trondheim.
The MiMaC motivation
- Norway has an important minerals and materials industry with a significant potential for growth in a low-carbon society.
- Norway has world class mineral deposits with significant potential for new developments, and world leading competence within mineral and material production.
- A low-carbon future requires novel technologies and new advanced materials based on mineral raw materials of very specific qualities.
- Cutting edge research and full understanding of the where and how requires cross field thinking and abilities to do sophisticated analyses along the complete value chain.
- MiMaC forms the basis for future cross-theme research, both among the consortium partners and with external collaborators from Norway and abroad.