Mimac Research short description
- MiMac's research is structured in 5 different Work Packages -
WP1 - image
WP1 - description toggler
NTNU-IMA will take the responsibility to
- employ and develop internal competence, knowledge and experience in doing research on and running a 3D APT setup by using available labs abroad,
- purchase and install the 3D APT, and build up the necessary competence to operate and maintain the instrument,
- establish user-friendly support system also for external users and
- further develop scientific competence and carry out cutting edge research on the instrument.
The experimental node will be opened for public use, including the partners, as soon as it is operational.
WP 3 - image box
WP5 - image box
wp5 - toggler description
NTNU-IMA will have the responsibility for establishing the necessary supporting tools and mechanisms to ensure easy operation of the infrastructure components on a daily basis, and to establish a common strategy on how to expand the MiMaC laboratories.
WP 2 - image box
WP2 - toggler description
NTNU-IGP will have the responsibility to
- purchase and install two types of equipment, EPMA and AMS, and build up the necessary competence to operate the instruments,
- offer access to the infrastructure to MiMaC partners and other relevant user groups, and
- develop scientific competence and carry out cutting-edge research on these two instruments.