MiMaC - Research
Mimac Research short description
- MiMac's research is structured in 5 different Work Packages -
WP1 - image
WP1 - description toggler
NTNU-IMA has the responsibility to
- employ and develop internal competence, knowledge and experience in doing research on and running a 3D APT setup by using available labs abroad,
- purchase and install the 3D APT, and build up the necessary competence to operate and maintain the instrument,
- establish user-friendly support system also for external users and
- further develop scientific competence and carry out cutting edge research on the instrument.
The experimental node is open for public use, including the partners.
WP 3 - image box
WP5 - image box
wp5 - toggler description
NTNU-IMA has the responsibility for establishing the necessary supporting tools and mechanisms to ensure easy operation of the infrastructure components on a daily basis, and to establish a common strategy on how to expand the MiMaC laboratories.
WP 2 - image box
WP2 - toggler description
NTNU-IGP has the responsibility to
- purchase and install two types of equipment, EPMA and AMS, and build up the necessary competence to operate the instruments,
- offer access to the infrastructure to MiMaC partners and other relevant user groups, and
- develop scientific competence and carry out cutting-edge research on these two instruments.