The primary objective is to develop knowledge towards the improved design and operation of sustainable hydropower plants exposed to high sediment yield.
The secondary objectives are as follows;
- To develop knowledge towards a less cost and time intensive as well as towards a more reliable method to measure sediment concentration and grain sizes as well as bed load transport in rivers and at hydraulic structures.
- To develop knowledge towards improved physical scale models by using innovative scaling methods.
- To develop knowledge on the amount of erosion due to sediment particles passing through turbines.
- To develop knowledge on a holistic approach to spatially and temporally quantify sediment loads due to different flushing/dredging operations.
- To disseminate the results and to develop guidelines for stakeholders and the industry.
Contact: Associate Professor Nils Rüther