SediPass - Norwegian Hydropower Center
The primary objective is to develop knowledge towards the improved design and operation of sustainable hydropower plants exposed to high sediment yield.
The secondary objectives are as follows;
- To develop knowledge towards a less cost and time intensive as well as towards a more reliable method to measure sediment concentration and grain sizes as well as bed load transport in rivers and at hydraulic structures.
- To develop knowledge towards improved physical scale models by using innovative scaling methods.
- To develop knowledge on the amount of erosion due to sediment particles passing through turbines.
- To develop knowledge on a holistic approach to spatially and temporally quantify sediment loads due to different flushing/dredging operations.
- To disseminate the results and to develop guidelines for stakeholders and the industry.
Contact: Associate Professor Nils Rüther