What will I learn - Master of Science in Naval Architecture
Picture what will I learn 850md
<h1 class="display-custom pb-4">What will I learn?</h1>
What will I learn?
What will I learn naval architecture
This master's programme has a strong emphasis on naval architecture, ship design, and the environment, giving you a comprehensive understanding of these important aspects of engineering. You will have the opportunity to work on real-life engineering problems with a specific focus on cleaning the oceans from plastic pollution.
The programme is designed to provide hands-on experience and to learn about the engineering process, from the initial stages of design to the implementation and integration of technology.
You will learn about systems that address the complex interactions between technology and operators, and how to apply new methods and technologies. You will be challenged in developing new solutions that are smart, safe, environmentally friendly and efficient.
The project group that you will be part of will be working in close collaboration with a customer and the supplier industry, giving you valuable experience in working with diverse teams, entrepreneurship and adapting existing technology to create innovative solutions.
Learn state-of-the-art technology
You get hands-on experience with the latest technology and tools, which are currently used in the industry. You also learn how they can be used to develop innovative solutions.
Krysspublisert - Learning outcome - Naval architecture
A candidate who has completed his or her qualification should have the following learning outcomes defined in terms of knowledge, skills and general competence:
Krysspublisert - Learning outcome Naval Architecture
- General understanding of design and systems engineering methods to develop complex products
- Understanding and use of proper terminology of product design and systems engineering in general
- Current state of the art on digital tools available for design and systems engineering.
- Ability to analyze relevant academic, professional and research ethical problems
- Ability to apply knowledge and skills in new areas in order to carry out advanced assignments and projects
- Ability to communicate extensively about independent work and master language and terminology of the academic field, as well as collaborating in multidisciplinary projects
- Ability to communicate about academic issues, analysis, and conclusions in the field to both specialists and the general public
- Ability to contribute to new thinking and innovation processes
- Ability to analyze existing theories, methods, and interpretations in general product design and systems engineering
- Ability to work independently on practical and theoretical problems, finding relevant sources and methods
- Ability to apply computer tools into marine systems, such as CAE/CAD software
- Ability to plan, initiate, and execute complex systems engineering projects
- Ability to manage a product design in a life cycle perspective, as well as understanding relevant system properties
UN Sustainable development goals
UN Sustainable development goals
A considerable amount of the World’s transportation is via waterways. On Naval Architecture you learn how to design and develop ships for the future, for a better environment both below and above the sea surface.