The normal requirements for entry to the MSc programmes will be a Bachelor of Science degree or a similar qualification (at least 3 years of university study) in areas related to ship design or similar marine technology degree, with minimum 30 ECTS mathematics (one semester) or a documented, equivalent education. An average grade equivalent to a Norwegian C is required in order to be considered.
All lectures are given in English. A good working knowledge of English is therefore essential. Applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate their capacity to complete a graduate programme in English.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with a minimum score of 600/90 points on the paper based/internet based test
- IELTS (International English Language Testing Service) with a minimum score of band 6.5
- APIEL (Advanced Placement International English Language) examination with a minimum score of 3 points
- Read more about the Language requirements and courses.
- Mathematics/statistics requirements: In order to qualify for admission to one of NTNU’s 2-year Master of Science programmes in Technology, all applicants must have a minimum of 30 ECTS credits in mathematics and statistics in their Bachelor’s/undergraduate degree, equivalent to the NTNU courses Calculus I, II, III and Statistics.
Public universities in Norway have no tuition fee. You are however responsible for the payment of:
- a minor semester fee to the Student Welfare Organization
- study materials (textbooks, lecture notes etc.)
- the tours that are arranged during the programme, if you want to participate
- Application processing
The Office of International Relations is responsible for admissions processing and questions.
Department: Department of Ocean Operations and Civil Engineering
Validity of information: 2015/16
- Non-EU/non-EEA students: 1 December
- EU/EEA students: 1 March
- Norwegian students: 1 March
The application is now open - apply through Søknadsweb.
Choose the category International Master`s programs in Søknadsweb