Learning outcome - Information Security - Master's Degree Programme, 2 years, Gjøvik
Information Security - Master's Programme, 2 years - Gjøvik
A candidate who has completed his or her qualification should have the following learning outcomes defined in terms of knowledge, skills and general competence:
After successfully completing the MIS program, the students possess the following knowledge, skills and general competences:
- The candidate is capable of demonstrating advanced knowledge in the field of cyber and information security in general and the following particular topics: computer and network security, security management, incident response, computational and digital forensics, biometrics, privacy, and security of critical infrastructure. The candidate possesses special insight and can demonstrate expertise in information security technology, digital forensics, or security management, depending on the chosen program track.
- The candidate can demonstrate advanced knowledge of the current state-of-the-art in the field of cyber and information security.
- The candidate can demonstrate capabilities to apply knowledge in new areas within cyber and information security, in particular cloud computer security, security on the Internet of Things (IoT), and security of blockchain technology applications.
- The candidate can demonstrate thorough knowledge of scientific methodology needed to plan and carry out research in the field of cyber and information security under supervision.
- The candidate can demonstrate the ability to systematically and independently solve complex problems of research and development in the field of cyber and information security by analyzing, formulating sub-tasks, and proposing innovative solutions.
- The candidate can demonstrate ability to express critical attitudes regarding limitations of existing knowledge in the field of cyber and information security and the ability to consult other experts in the field in order to solve complex problems of research and development.
- The candidate can demonstrate capability to efficiently and successfully manage research and development projects of moderate size and complexity (for example, the master thesis) in the field of cyber and information security.
- The candidate can demonstrate ability to independently select the appropriate technologies necessary to solve concrete problems in cyber and information security related to confidentiality (cryptographic solutions), integrity (authentication such as biometric), availability (for example, intrusion detection solutions), and privacy protection.
- The candidate can demonstrate ability to work efficiently in teams, collaborate with other specialists in the field of cyber and information security and take initiative in solving complex technical problems.
- The candidate can make well-structured presentations for specialists and for general public.
- The candidate can write well-structured and clear technical reports and scientific papers.
- The candidate is capable of disseminating the knowledge acquired by research in a clear way to general public by using various public information channels.
- The candidate is capable of understanding scientific literature in English.
- The candidate can demonstrate capabilities to evaluate technological, ethical and societal aspects of his/her own work and assume responsibilities for ensuring positive influence of this work on the sustainable development of the society.
- The candidate can carry out his/her work in a way that demonstrates to non-experts how the society should treat security risks and challenges.
- The candidate can communicate with other experts in the field and demonstrate capabilities to establish international network of experts.