Study abroad – Childhood Studies – Master programme – 2-years – Trondheim
Student exchange with Brunel University
Department of Education and Lifelong Learning collaborates with the Department of Social Sciences, Media and Communications at Brunel University (UK), and it is possible to apply to become an exchange student. The study programme involved is the MA Children, Youth and International Development.
The exchange programme has two allotments for students admitted to the MPhil in Childhood Studies. The exchange period is the second semester (the 2nd term at Brunel University), from January to May. Erasmus students are not required to pay tuition fees at Brunel, and they are entitled to an ERASMUS scholarship from NTNU.
The student is required to take 60 Brunel credits (30 ECTS) in order to complete one NTNU semester. Course descriptions are available at the MA website. The student must select from the following list (which may be revised):
- SA5607 Researching Children, Childhood and Youth (2nd half, 30 credits)(compulsory for all MPhil in Childhood Studies exchange students)
- SA5613 Applied Learning for Children, Youth and International Development (30 credits)
- SA5618 Anthropology of Education and Learning (30 credits)
- SA5621 Anthropological Perspectives on War and Humanitarian Assistance (30 credits)
- SA5609 Psychological Development (15 credits, distance learning)
- SA5610 Sociology of Youth and Youth Work (15 credits, distance learning)
- SA5611 Social Policy (15 credits, distance learning)
- SA5612 Contemporary Issues in Youth and Community Work (15 credits, distance learning)
- SA5614 Applied Learning for Children, Youth and International Development (30 credits)
Admission procedures - NTNU
The application deadline is 15 September. You apply online in Søknadsweb.
Please contact a student advisor at the Department of Education and Lifelong Learning or the Office of International Relations if you have questions about the admission.
For more information about procedures and possibilities for student exchange - please consult the Office of International Relations.
Admission procedure at Brunel University
Application deadline for Brunel University is 15 September. For instructions on how to apply, please consult the Incoming Students website.
For more information about admission and accommodation, please contact one of the following coordinators:
Academic coordinator Professor Nicola Ansell, College of Business, Arts and Social Sciences, Brunel University, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 3PH, UK. Email: Nicola.Ansell@brunel.ac.uk, Tel: + 44 1895 266085
Institutional coordinator Minakshi Sharma, Academic Partnerships, Brunel University, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 3PH, UK. Email: Minakshi.Sharma@brunel.ac.uk, Tel: + 44 1895 267121
Please note that only students who have been nominated by the Office of International Relations at NTNU may submit their application to Brunel University. All nominated students will be contacted by email by the Office of International Relations with details about the further application procedures and deadlines.
Also, please note that the applications must be handed in at the Office of International Relations, as all Erasmus applications are sent via this office. Applications that are sent directly to Brunel University by the student without the required signatures will not be considered.