Study structure - Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety (RAMS) (Master's Programme)
<h1 class="display-custom pb-4">Programme structure</h1>
Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety (RAMS) (Master's Programme)
Master in Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety (RAMS) provides you with a broad coverage of RAMS. Through the project work and the master thesis you get to:
- specialize in an area of interest within RAMS
- choose whether you want to specialize in RAMS challenges within a specific industry branch.
In your last semester you have to write a master thesis during 20 weeks. The master thesis may be carry out in cooperation with industry or organizations in Norway or in your home country.
About the project work/master thesis
In the project and master’s thesis you may specialize within practical problems – often in cooperation with industrial enterprises. Examples of problems are:
- How to design and operate a reliable subsea production system for oil and gas?
- How can we verify that an automatic train stop system is safe enough?
- How can we avoid blowouts on the Norwegian shelf?
- How do we make the maintenance of a business as cost-effective as possible?