Background and activities
Design for sustainability, transition design, participatory design, co-creation, social practices, sustainability transitions, sustainable consumption and production, sustainable urban development, health and welfare.
- 3C // Co-constructing city futures (2016-2019), RCN Idélab (sandpit) Cities that work
- Hug the streets (2016-2019), RCN Idélab (sandpit) Cities that work
- Circ€uit, The Circular European Economy Innovative Training Network (2016-2020), H2020 Marie Curie Innovative Training Network
- CCSDI, Cluster for Co-creative Service Design and Innovation (2017-2022), NFR HELSEVEL
Teaching and supervision
- Course coordinator TPD4500 - Design 9, Specialisation Project
- Supervisor of master-level students in the courses TPD4500 and TPD4505
- Co-supervisor of four PhD candidates
Education and experience
I hold MSc (2005) and PhD degrees (2013) in Industrial Design Engineering, specialising in design for sustainability. In the period 2013-2016 I worked as Postdoctoral Fellow for two different projects. I have been Associate Professor at the Department of Design since August 2016. In the period 2017-2021 I represent permanent employees in teacing and research positions in the Faculty Board of the Faculty of Architecture and Design.
- The Medical Home (2013-2016), RCN PRAKSISVEL
- MINDER, Methodologies for improvement of non-residential buildings' day-to-day energy-efficiency reliability (2013-2016), RCN ENERGIX
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Ambitions at work: Professional practices and the energy performance of non-residential buildings in Norway. Energy Research & Social Science. vol. 32.
- (2016) Fostering absolute reductions in resource use: the potential role and feasibility of practice-oriented design. Journal of Cleaner Production. vol. 132.
- (2015) Towards practice-oriented design for sustainability: the compatibility with selected design fields. International Journal of Sustainable Engineering. vol. 8 (3).
- (2013) Framing the role of design in transformation of consumption practices: beyond the designer-product-user triad. International Journal of Technology Management. vol. 63 (1/2).
- (2008) The Ethics in Balancing Control and Freedom when Engineering Solutions for Sustainable Behaviour. International Journal of Sustainable Engineering. vol. 1 (4).
Part of book/report
- (2017) The Future of Design for Sustainable Behaviour, Revisited. Sustainability Through Innovation in Product Life Cycle Design.
- (2017) Design for endring av praksis. Velferdsteknologi i praksis.
- (2016) "By Their [Data] You Will Know Them": Historical Reflections on Capturing Patterns in Everyday Life. Everyday Futures.
- (2016) What ideas of users and their lifestyles exist amongst actors involved in the design and delivery of heating technologies?. Daily life, digital technologies and energy demand – A working paper collection.
- (2015) Practice-oriented research into energy management and use in non-residential buildings: the reliability gap framework. eceee Summer Study proceedings. eceee 2015 Summer Study First fuel now.
- (2014) How do material objects transcend the boundaries between professional and domestic practices?. Practices, the Built Environment and Sustainability – A Thinking Note Collection.
- (2014) Service Innovation and Welfare Technology for Sustainable Home Medication: Insights from Social Practice Theory. Proceedings of DRS 2014: Design's big debates. Design Research Society Biennal international conference 16-19 June 2014.
- (2013) Changing Practices: The Role of Design in Supporting the Sustainability of Everyday Life. 2013. ISBN 978-82-471-4361-2.