Background and activities
I have 15 years of experience in use and development of methods for life cycle assessment (LCA), mainly applied to oil/gas extraction, transport and infrastructure, and space technologies, as well as other land based industry. I was co-founder and manager of the LCA consultancy MiSA, and I have worked as researcher and lecturer at multiple universities in Norway. I have also been engaged in the establishment and development of innovation clusters within the aquaculture supply industry, and water technologies.
Research, to me, is most exciting when it allows insights into actual product systems. I am seeking partners for developmentent of sustainable technologies and to increase the competitiveness of Norwegian and European industry.
I am responsible for NTNU master's degree in industrial ecology, our international MSc program.
I am adjunct associate professor in sustainable buildings and infrastructure at the University of Agder (UiA) Department of engineering science, and recently also in environmental management at the UiT - The Arctic University of Norway Department of arctic and marine biology.
Smart Water Cluster Norwegian water technology innnovation cluster (2011-2016)
NCE Aquatech Cluster Norwegian Centre of Expertise in sustainable aquaculture technology (2017--)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Lifecycle Assessment and Lifecycle Costing of Aluminium Wrought-to-Wrought Recycling. Materials Science Forum. vol. 794-796.
- (2013) Investigating the Carbon Footprint of a University - The case of NTNU. Journal of Cleaner Production. vol. 48.
- (2013) Greenhouse gas emissions from life cycle assessment of Norwegian food production systems. Acta agriculturae Scandinavica. Section A, Animal science. vol. 62 (4).
- (2011) ”Biogass – fra idealisme til næringsutvikling”. Stavanger Aftenblad.
- (2011) ”Biogass tar ikke av”. Adresseavisen.
- (2008) Critical review: Life-cycle inventory procedures for long-term release of metals. Environmental Science and Technology. vol. 42 (13).
- (2008) Occupational health impacts: offshore crane lifts in life cycle assessment. The International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment. vol. 13 (5).
- (2006) Marine Ecotoxic Effect of Pulse-Emissions in Life-Cycle Impact Assessment. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry. vol. 25 (1).
Part of book/report
- (2014) Green Procurement as a Means Towards Resilient Public Organizations. Proceedings of the 20th Annual International Sustainable Development Research Conference (ISDRC 2014).
- (2013) A Guide to Better Wells: Environmental Life-Cycle Assessment of Historical, Current and Future Best Practice in Drilling. SPE Offshore Europe Oil and Gas Conference and Exhibition, 3-6 September, Aberdeen, UK.
- (2011) Forutsetninger for biogassproduksjon i Norge. En flerfaglig casestudie av Ørland og Frosta. 2011. ISBN 9788214050851.
- (2007) Overall evaluation of offshore drilling fluid technology: Development and application of life-cycle inventory and impact assessment methods. Tapir Akademisk Forlag. 2007. ISBN 978-82-471-5613-1. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (251).
- (2004) Marine ecotoxic pulse effects in LCIA. 2004. IndEcol working papers (2004/9).
- (2011) ”A manure-based eco-park: how society and technology affect the environmental performance of biogas from manure”. (presented by C. Hung). The 6th International Conference on Industrial Ecology, Berkeley, USA, 7-10 June . International Society for Industrial Ecology; Berkeley. 2011-06-07 - 2011-06-10.
- (2009) Avslører klimasynderne i kommune-Norge. Adresseavisen [Avis]. 2009-02-17.
- (2008) Examples of application of uncertainty in life-cycle interpretation of offshore drilling fluid technology. SETAC Europe 2008 . Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry; Warsaw. 2008-05-25 - 2008-05-29.
- (2007) Metal ecotoxicity as a separate LCIA category. SETAC-Europe 17th Annual Meeting . Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC); Porto. 2007-05-20 - 2007-05-24.
- (2007) Uncertainty as decision support in life-cycle interpretation. International Society for Industrial Ecology (ISIE) Conference 2007 . International Society for Industrial Ecology (ISIE); Toronto. 2007-06-17 - 2007-06-20.
- (2006) A Management Technique That Integrates And Glues Cost And Environmental Performance Targets In E&P Drilling. SPE/IADC Indian Drilling Technology Conference and Exhibition . Society of Petroleum Engineers; Mumbai. 2006-10-16 - 2006-10-18.
- (2006) Marine ecotoxicity of metals and minerals in LCA. SETAC-Europe 16th Annual Meeting 2006 . Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry; Den Haag. 2006-05-07 - 2006-05-11.
- (2006) Overall evaluation of the environmental benefits of the zero-discharge requirement in the Barents Sea - Life-cycle ecotoxic contributions from drilling operations in the Arctic. 5th International Conference on Contaminants in Freezing Ground . Norges Geotekniske Institutt (NGI); Oslo. 2006-05-21 - 2006-05-25.
- (2005) Comparative hybrid life cycle assessment of natural gas based fuel chains for transportation. SETAC Europe 15th annual meeting . SETAC Europe; Lille. 2005-05-22 - 2005-05-26.
- (2004) Lagrangian fate and exposure assessment for marine aquatic ecotoxic impacts in LCIA. SETAC-Europe 2004 . Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC); Prague. 2004-04-19 - 2004-04-22.