Background and activities
I am a Registred Nurse (RN) with a master's degree in Health Science and PhD in Public Health from 2011. The PhD-project focuses on quality of care and quality measures in nursing home, with a special focus on defining quality of care from the resident perspective. Welfare Technology and eHealth is another main area of interest and I have experience from a large research project related to implementation of technology for home health care. I have educational and teaching competence in the areas quality of care, nursing home care, quality management in organizations and innovations in health care, as well as supervision experience, and am an experienced nurse in a diversity of nursing practice.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Constipation and Laxative Use among Nursing Home Patients: Prevalence and Associations Derived from the Residents Assessment Instrument for Long-Term Care Facilities (interRAI LTCF). Gastroenterology Research and Practice. vol. 2016:1215746.
- (2016) Exploring faecal incontinence in nursing home patients: a cross-sectional study of prevalence and associations derived from the Residents Assessment Instrument for Long-Term Care Facilities. Journal of Advanced Nursing. vol. 72 (7).
- (2016) Sikkerhetstiltak for legemidler i sykehjem. Sykepleien Forskning.
- (2015) Feasibility, acceptability, and adherence of two educational programs for care staff concerning nursing home patients' fecal incontinence: A pilot study preceding a cluster-randomized controlled trial. Implementation Science. vol. 10 (1).
- (2015) Effect of a multifaceted educational program for care staff concerning fecal incontinence in nursing home patients: Study protocol of a cluster randomized controlled trial. Trials. vol. 16 (1).
- (2015) Kvalitetsindikatorer. Oversikt over internasjonal forskning og praksis. Geriatrisk sykepleie. vol. 7 (1).
- (2015) Symposium 10 Health promoting nursing homes. Care quality and working environment in Norwegian nursing homes. C2: Quality of care in nursing homes from the nursing home residents' perspectives. The Journal of Nursing Home Research. vol. 1 (1).
- (2015) Understanding organizational and cultural premises for quality of care in nursing homes: an ethnographic study. BMC Health Services Research. vol. 15:508.
- (2014) En ny praksismodell i sykepleierutdanningen for framtidens behov? En Q-metodisk studie av erfaringer med samarbeidslæring i praksisstudiene. Vård i Norden. vol. 34 (112).
- (2014) Konflikter i studiegrupper - forekomst og konsekvenser for læring og trivsel. UNIPED. vol. 37 (1).
- (2013) Ambiguities: residents' experience of "nursing home as my home". International Journal of Older People Nursing. vol. 8 (3).
- (2012) Ambiguities: residents' experience of 'nursing home as my home'. International Journal of Older People Nursing.
- (2012) Quality of care in Norwegian nursing homes - typology of family perceptions. Journal of Clinical Nursing. vol. 21 (1-2).
- (2011) Residents' experiences of interpersonal factors in nursing home care: A qualitative study. International Journal of Nursing Studies. vol. 48 (11).
- (2008) Nursing sensitive quality indicators for nursing home care: International review of literature, policy and practice. International Journal of Nursing Studies. vol. 46 (6).
- (2017) Velferdsteknologi i praksis. Cappelen Damm Akademisk. 2017. ISBN 978-82-02-53236-9.
Part of book/report
- (2017) Etiske perspektiver ved bruk av velferdsteknologi. Velferdsteknologi i praksis.
- (2014) Velferdsteknologi som ressurs, mulighet og strategi i helse- og omsorgstjenesten i kommunene. Helsefremming i kommunehelsetjenesten.
- (2017) Trygg og aktiv. En pilot for testing av lokaliseringsteknologi. 2017.
- (2011) Measuring quality of care in nursing homes - what matters?. 2011. ISBN 978-82-471-3226-5.