Programme for Applied Ethics (PAE)
The Programme for Applied Ethics (PAE) at NTNU aims to contribute to the development of competence in applied ethics in both research and education. The PAE started in the Autumn of 2001 with support from the Research Council of Norway and has been, since 2004, funded directly by NTNU. PAE is managed by an interfaculty Board, it employs three permanent staff and supports one PhD project and one postdoc project. The director of the Programme is Professor May Thorseth.
The programme's mandate is to:
- create professional arenas for competence and arrange annual network meetings and research courses
- initiate research in applied ethics in collaboration with research groups, based on issues from these groups themselves and NTNU's priority areas
- provide professional support to groups that provide education, doctoral training and continuing education in applied ethics
- contribute to discussion of ethical issues related to technology and social responsibility
- participate in and develop relevant national and international networks.
Postfaktuelt samfunnsansvar - nye utfordringer for humanister og samfunnsvitere. Frokosteminar i regi av Program for anvendt etikk 15. mai (Sellanraa, Litteraturhuset)
2017 Workshop on Sustainability and Philosophy: ‘Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals: Philosophical and Scientific Perspectives’, May: 10th -11th (09h-17h), NTNU Gløshaugen Campus: Rådssalen