The ecological aspect is prominent in most activities within the department of biology. Hence, ecophysiological questions are central in the activities by the animal physiology group. We want to understand central physiological mechanisms, their function in different species and importance in changing environments.
By asking questions about the animals and plants around us we learn more about who we are. The answers provide insight into principles of life and survival.
- Endotherm Ecophysiology (Clare Stawski)
- Fish Ecophysiology (Fredrik Jutfelt)
- Fish Neuroscience (Florence Kermen)
- Fish Physiology (Kjell Nilssen)
- Ecophysiology of Birds (Claus Bech)
- Ecophysiology of Birds (Børge Moe)
The research focuses on:
- Sensory systems in insects
- Ecophysiology in birds
- Fish ecophysiology and responses to climatic changes
- Physiological adaptations of endotherms to different environmental conditions
Erlend Kirkbakk Tronstad