Background and activities
Area of expertise - keywords:
Construction engineering, rock blasting technique, blast vibrations, tunnelling, drill and blast tunnelling, tunnel boring, drillability of rocks and rock masses, rock caverns, earth moving, rock fills, construction machinery, time planning, construction time, cost estimation, construction costs, safety in blasting. Uncertainty and risk analyses for rock blasting and tunnelling projects.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Improvement measures to achieve sustainable construction labour performance. International Journal of Construction Management.
- (2020) Labour productivity statistics: a reality check for the Norwegian construction industry. International Journal of Construction Management. vol. 20 (1).
- (2020) The environmental impact of rock support for road tunnels: The experience of Norway. Science of the Total Environment. vol. 712.
- (2019) Analysis and Evaluation of Tunnel Contour Quality Index. Automation in Construction. vol. 99.
- (2019) WHY CONFLICTS OCCUR IN ROADS AND TUNNELS PROJECTS IN NORWAY. Journal of Civil Engineering and Management. vol. 25 (3).
- (2018) Analysis on the relationship between layout and consumption of face cutters on hard rock tunnel boring machines (TBMs). Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering. vol. 51 (1).
- (2018) Influence of subjectivity in geological mapping on the net penetration rate prediction for a hard rock TBM. Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering. vol. 51 (5).
- (2016) Rock falls in selected Norwegian hydropower tunnels subjected to hydropeaking. Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology. vol. 52.
- (2016) Free-face-Assisted Rock Breaking Method Based on the Multi-stage Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM) Cutterhead. Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering. vol. 49 (11).
- (2016) A proposal of energy performance indicators for a reliable benchmark of swimming facilities. Energy and Buildings. vol. 129.
- (2016) Evaluating D&B and TBM tunnelling using NTNU prediction models. Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology. vol. 59.
- (2015) Environmental impact of drill and blast tunnelling: life cycle assessment. Journal of Cleaner Production. vol. 86.
- (2015) Life cycle assessment of Norwegian road tunnel. The International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment. vol. 20 (2).
- (2015) A study on the establishment of Tunnel Contour Quality Index considering construction cost. Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology. vol. 50.
- (2015) New Rock Abrasivity Test Method for Tool Life Assessments on Hard Rock Tunnel Boring: The Rolling Indentation Abrasion Test (RIAT). Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering. vol. 49 (5).
- (2014) ISRM Suggested Method for Determining the Abrasivity of Rock by the CERCHAR Abrasivity Test. Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering. vol. 47 (1).
- (2014) Characteristics of energy-efficient swimming facilities - A case study. Energy. vol. 75.
- (2014) Influence of rock mass fracturing on the net penetration rates of hard rock TBMs. Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology. vol. 44.
- (2013) Review and assessment of the NTNU/SINTEF Soil Abrasion Test (SAT™) for determination of abrasiveness of soil and soft ground. Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology. vol. 37.
- (2013) Energy-use in Norwegian swimming halls. Energy and Buildings. vol. 59.