Background and activities
- Postdoctor, Upper Gastrointestinal Surgery, Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
- Consultant in Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Internal Medicine, Medical Department, Levanger Hospital, Nord-Trøndelag Hospital Trust, Levanger, Norway
- Ph.D., NTNU - 2014
- M.D., University of Oslo - 2005
- Etiology, occurence, and prevention of gastroesophageal reflux disease, Barrett's esophagus, and esophageal adenocarcinoma
- Genetics of gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Etiology and prevention of colorectal cancer
- Etiology, occurence, and prevention of gallstone disease
- Etiology and prevention of pancreatic cancer
Material, methods and tools:
- The Nord-Trøndelag health study (the HUNT study)
- National registers in Norway and Sweeden
- Regression analyses
- Generalised estimating equations (GEE)
- Genome-wide association studies (GWAS)
- Member of the Research Committee at Nord-Trøndelag Hospital Trust
- Deputy member of the Norwegian Medical Association's Specialist Committee in Gastroenterolgy
Prizes and awards:
- Top Abstract Prize, United European Gastroenterology Week 2012, Amsterdam
- National Scholar Award, United European Gastroenterology Week 2012, Amsterdam
- Norwegian Gastroenterology Association's Research Scholarship 2013
- Best abstract presentation, Norwegian Gastroenterology Association's Yearly Meeting 2013, Lillehammer
- Research and travle grant from the Norwegian Medical Assosiation 2014
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Risk of oesophageal adenocarcinoma in individuals with Barrett's oesophagus. European Journal of Cancer. vol. 75.
- (2017) Snus and risk of gastroesophageal reflux. A population-based case-control study: the HUNT study. Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology. vol. 52 (2).
- (2017) Quality of life and psychological and gastrointestinal symptoms after cholecystectomy, a population-based cohort study. BMJ open gastroenterology. vol. 4 (1).
- (2016) Gastroesophageal Reflux and Sleep Disturbances: A Bidirectional Association in a Population-Based Cohort Study, the HUNT Study. Sleep. vol. 39 (7).
- (2016) Anthropometry-based obesity phenotypes and risk of colorectal adenocarcinoma: a large prospective cohort study in Norway. Epidemiology. vol. 27 (3).
- (2016) Weight Change and Weight Cycling Are Not Associated With Risk of Barrett’s Esophagus - Reply. Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology. vol. 14 (12).
- (2016) Adverse Effects of Proton Pump Inhibitors in Chronic Kidney Disease. JAMA Internal Medicine. vol. 176 (6).
- (2016) Lifestyle Intervention in Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease. Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology. vol. 14 (2).
- (2016) Risk factors of admission for acute colonic diverticulitis in a population-based cohort study: The North Trondelag Health Study, Norway. World Journal of Gastroenterology. vol. 22 (48).
- (2016) Risk factors for requiring cholecystectomy for gallstone disease in a prospective population-based cohort study. British Journal of Surgery. vol. 103 (10).
- (2015) Risk Factors on the Development of New-Onset Gastroesophageal Reflux Symptoms. A Population Based Prospective Cohort Study: The HUNT Study. American Journal of Gastroenterology. vol. 110 (3).
- (2015) Metabolic syndrome and esophageal and gastric cancer. Cancer Causes and Control. vol. 26 (12).
- (2015) Metabolic predispositions and increased risk of colorectal adenocarcinoma by anatomical location: a large population-based cohort study in Norway. American Journal of Epidemiology. vol. 182 (10).
- (2014) Gastroesophageal Reflux Symptoms Abate When Smoking Stops. Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA). vol. 311 (4).
- (2014) Tobacco Smoking Cessation and Improved Gastroesophageal Reflux: A Prospective Population-Based Cohort Study: The HUNT Study. American Journal of Gastroenterology. vol. 109 (2).
- (2013) Livsstilsintervensjon ved gastroøsofageal reflukssykdom. BestPractice Gastroenterologi. vol. 2 (2).
- (2013) Weight Loss and Reduction in Gastroesophageal Reflux. A Prospective Population-Based Cohort Study: The HUNT Study. American Journal of Gastroenterology. vol. 108 (3).
- (2012) Changes in prevalence, incidence and spontaneous loss of gastro-oesophageal reflux symptoms: a prospective population-based cohort study, the HUNT study. Gut. vol. 61 (10).
- (2014) Epidemiology of gastro-oesophageal reflux A prospective population-based cohort study: The HUNT study. 2014. ISBN 978-82-326-0062-5.