Background and activities
- 3D city modeling (digital twins)
- Laser Scanning
- Spatial data mining and knowledge discovering by using crowdsourcing data
- 2022-2024: Hellios: Enhancing optimal exploitation of solar energy in Nordic cities through the digitalizaiton of the built environment. Funded by the Norwegian Research Council, participation as WP leader.
- 2021-2022: Data-driven decision support for renewable energy and infrastructure development: A GIS-based approach, Regionalt Forskningsfond Trøndelag (RRF, Regioinal Research Council in Trøndelag), Project leader
- 2021-2025: Deep learning-based approach for automated reconstruction of 3D building models with semantic information, funded by NTNU Enabling Technologies (NTNU Digital). PI
- 2020-2021: Parsing and modeling urban context information for the purpose of
automated 3D reconstruction, Granted by the Norwegian Research Council (project number: 313552), PI
- 2019-2021：Modellverktøy for digital kommunikasjonsinfrastruktur langs veg, NRC, collaboration (workpackage) with SINTEF
- 2017-2020: Exploring coherent relations of semantics and geometries of 3D buildings. NSFC (No: 41771484). PI
- 2016-2018: A framework for fitness for purpose for the quality assessment of OSM. German Science Foundation (DFG project No. 314644317). PI
2011-2014: Event detection and visualization from VGI data. TUM IGSSE Project. Co PI
2012-2014: Extracting LoDs for 3D buildings in street view based on visual salience. NSFC (project No: 41101443). PI
- TBA4256 - 3D Digital modelling
- TBA4251 - Programming in Geomatics
- TBA4231 - Applied Geomatics
- TBA4925 - Geomatics, Master's Thesis
- TBA4236 - Theoretical Geomatics
- TBA4560 - Geomatics, Specialization Project
- TBA4565 - Geomatics, Specialization Course
Scientific, academic and artistic work
- (2022) A graph attention network for road marking classification from mobile LiDAR point clouds. International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation. vol. 108.
- (2022) GazPNE2: A general place name extractor for microblogs fusing gazetteers and pretrained transformer models. IEEE Internet of Things Journal.
- (2022) Evaluating spatial accessibility to healthcare services from the lens of emergency hospital visits based on floating car data. International Journal of Digital Earth. vol. 15 (1).
- (2021) Towards generating network of bikeways from Mapillary data. Computers, Environment and Urban Systems. vol. 88.
- (2021) An Interactive platform for low-cost 3D building modeling from VGI data using convolutional neural network. Big Earth Data. vol. 5 (1).
- (2021) Layout graph model for semantic façade reconstruction using laser point clouds. Geo-spatial Information Science. vol. 24 (3).
- (2021) Towards measuring shape similarity of polygons based on multiscale features and grid context descriptors. ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information. vol. 10 (5).
- (2021) Enhanced Facade Parsing for Street-Level Images Using Convolutional Neural Networks. IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing. vol. 59 (12).
- (2021) GazPNE: annotation-free deep learning for place name extraction from microblogs leveraging gazetteer and synthetic data by rules. International Journal of Geographical Information Science (IJGIS). vol. 36 (2).
- (2021) Tagging the main entrances of public buildings based on OpenStreetMap and binary imbalanced learning. International Journal of Geographical Information Science (IJGIS). vol. 35 (9).
- (2021) Analytics of big geosocial media and crowdsourced data. Big Earth Data. vol. 1 (1).
- (2021) A Probabilistic Method for Fractured Cultural Relics Automatic Reassembly. ACM Journal on Computing and Cultural Heritage. vol. 14 (1).
- (2021) Special Issue on 3D Sensing in Intelligent Transportation. IEEE transactions on intelligent transportation systems (Print). vol. 22 (4).
- (2021) VGI3D: an Interactive and Low-Cost Solution for 3D Building Modelling from Street-Level VGI Images. Journal of Geovisualization and Spatial Analysis (JGSA). vol. 5 (2).
- (2021) Automated Detecting and Placing Road Objects from Street-level Images. Computational Urban Science.
- (2021) Urban spatial structure analysis: quantitative identification of urban social functions using building footprints. Frontiers of Earth Science.
- (2020) Registration of large-scale terrestrial laser scanner point clouds: A review and benchmark. ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (P&RS). vol. 163.
- (2020) A Data-driven Approach to Learning Salience Models of Indoor Landmarks by Using Genetic Programming. International Journal of Digital Earth.
- (2020) Room semantics inference using random forest and relational graph convolutional networks: A case study of research building. Transactions on GIS.
- (2020) Quantifying vertical profiles of biochemical traits for forest plantation species using advanced remote sensing approaches. Remote Sensing of Environment. vol. 250.
- (2020) Reconstructing facade semantic models using hierarchical topological graphs. Transactions on GIS. vol. 24.