Background and activities
- 3D city modeling
- Laser Scanning
- Spatial data mining and knowledge discovering by using crowdsourcing data
- 2019-2021：Modellverktøy for digital kommunikasjonsinfrastruktur langs veg, NRC, collaboration (workpackage) with SINTEF
- 2017-2020: Exploring coherent relations of semantics and geometries of 3D buildings. NSFC (No: 41771484). PI
- 2016-2018: A framework for fitness for purpose for the quality assessment of OSM. German Science Foundation (DFG project No. 314644317). PI
2011-2014: Event detection and visualization from VGI data. TUM IGSSE Project. Co PI
2012-2014: Extracting LoDs for 3D buildings in street view based on visual salience. NSFC (project No: 41101443). PI
Scientific, academic and artistic work
- (2020) Registration of large-scale terrestrial laser scanner point clouds: A review and benchmark. ISPRS journal of photogrammetry and remote sensing (Print). vol. 163.
- (2020) Anchor-Free Traffic Sign Detection. Journal of Geo-information Science. vol. 22 (1).
- (2020) A Data-driven Approach to Learning Salience Models of Indoor Landmarks by Using Genetic Programming. International Journal of Digital Earth.
- (2020) A Grid-Based Approach for Measuring Similarities of Taxi Trajectories. Sensors. vol. 20 (11).
- (2020) Reconstructing facade semantic models using hierarchical topological graphs. Transactions on GIS.
- (2020) Volunteered geographic information research in the first decade: a narrative review of selected journal articles in GIScience. International Journal of Geographical Information Science.
- (2020) A Hybrid Method to Incrementally Extract Road Networks Using Spatio-Temporal Trajectory Data. ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information. vol. 9 (4).
- (2019) Deep Learning from Multiple Crowds: A Case Study of Humanitarian Mapping. IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing. vol. 57 (3).
- (2019) Feasibility of using Grammars to infer room semantics. Remote Sensing. vol. 11 (13).
- (2019) The State of Mapillary: An Exploratory Analysis. ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information. vol. 9 (1).
- (2019) Exploring the distribution patterns of Flickr photos. ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information. vol. 8 (9).
- (2018) Coupling maximum entropy modeling with geotagged social media data to determine the geographic distribution of tourists. International Journal of Geographical Information Science (IJGIS). vol. 32.
- (2018) Using mobile signaling data to exam urban park service radius in Shanghai: methods and limitations. Computers, Environment and Urban Systems. vol. 71.
- (2018) An automatic data integration approach to enrich ATKIS with the VGI of outdoor-sports data. Journal of Geo-information Science. vol. 11 (17).