Sunniva Skjøstad Hovde
Background and activities
Sunniva Skjoestad Hovde is an Associate Professor in Music at Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU). She teaches undergraduate and graduate courses on music, arts education and philosophy of science and methodology, and is particularly interested in diversity, marginalisation, education and traditional music in a global context. In a wider perspective her work explores posthumanism, rhizomatic analysis, decolonizing processes, arts based research and performativity. As musician she works mostly within improvisation-based music, traditional music and folk-jazz.
- LOS8033 - Doing Research with the Arts as Methodological Practice
- MGLU4216 - Foundational practices in music education
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Towards Just Dance Research. An uMunthu Participatory and Performative Inquiry Into Malawian–Norwegian Entanglements. Arts-Based Methods for Decolonising Participatory Research.
- (2020) Saturns Hage. Kunstoverskridande prosjekt med musikk, scenografi, performance. Saturns Hage
- (2020) Kwayela Univers på Lydhør. Kwayela Univers på Lydhør
- (2020) Musikkfrø. Musikkfrø solo
- (2020) Baby Becomings på Rosendal Teater. Baby Becomings
- (2020) Animalium Performance i utstillingen A Beast, a God and a Line på Kunsthall Trondheim. Animalium Performance
- (2020) Eliksir. Eliksir
- (2019) Water competence and new Norwegians. The Nordic Model and Physical Culture.
- (2019) The Traditional Concept Umunthu as entangled in a Malawian Dance Teacher's Educational Practice. Journal for Research in Arts and Sports Education. vol. 3 (1).
- Other subjects within education
- Subject didactics
- Cultural studies
- Women's and gender studies
- Cultural studies
- Artbased research methods
- Arts didactics
- Children and art education
- Traditional Music
- Early childhood education