Programmes of Study - Department of Public Health and Nursing
Department of Public Health and Nursing
Programmes of Studies
18 May 2021
- The Doctor-Patient course extends over the first two years of the programme of professional studies in medicine. The goal is for students to build basic clinical skills such as communication and practical examination techniques, through meetings with patients, other medical students and actors (F-lab). Patient meetings challenge the overall competencies of the students and doctors. The course consequently puts an emphasis on knowledge, skills, and behaviour, and how these are integrated in realistic situations. Another important element in the student's overall competency is the relationship between the personal and the professional. The students are therefore given guidance concerning personal development.
- Thesis IIIA/IIIB: The aim of the thesis is to improve the student's scientific and problem-oriented thinking for life-long learning.
- IIIC is a semester devoted to environmental and community medicine. The core of the semester is a six-week placement in the municipal health services system. The Department of Public Health and Nursing is responsible for the course content of this semester.
- IIID is a semester devoted to synthesizing former knowledge acquired over the course of the studies.
- Global Health
- Clinical Health Sciences (taught in Norwegian)
- Clinical Nursing
- Public Health (taught in Norwegian)
- Ageing and older Persons' Health (taught in Norwegian)
- Advanced Clinical Nursing (taught in Norwegian)
- Cancer Nursing (taught in Norwegian)
- Intensive Care Nursing (taught in Norwegian)
- Nurse Anesthesia (taught in Norwegian)
- Operating Room Nursing (taught in Norwegian)
- Pediatric Nursing (taught in Norwegian)
- Public Nursing (taught in Norwegian)
- Pharmacology for ambulance workers
- Contraception - for midwifes and public health nurses
- Systematic examination of patients - for nurses
- PhD in Medicine and Health Sciences
- PhD in Health Sciences
- Joint PhD-programme in Behaviour and Health
Questions about our studies?
Questions about our studies?
» Student information - for all students at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Nursing 1st year: Astrid Kiil Hansen
- Nursing 2nd year: Heidi Krutvik
- Nursing 3rd year: Torhild Dragsten
- Vocational Teacher Education: Inger Finserås
Professional Studies in Medicine
- Doctor-Patient course: Guri Helmersen
- IIIC: Marit Moseng
- IIID: Marit Moseng
- Medical Student's Research Programme: May Karin Dyrendahl
MSc Programmes and Further Education
- Public Health - specializing in Global Health: Ragnhild Lier
- Clinical Health Sciences: Georgie Nardot
- Health Science: Georgie Nardot
- Midwifery: Torhild Dragsten
- Public Nursing: Heidi Krutvik
- Advanced Clinical Nursing: Inger Finserås