Political Economy – Research – Department of Sociology and Political Science
Our research activities examine important problems relating to the interaction between politics and economics, at both national and international levels. Our research examines the relationship between markets and management, and the effects of institutions and special-interest groups on a wide range of issues, including risk, trade, exchange rates and monetary policy, as well as climate policy.
This is some recent publications in English. Please see the researchers' NTNU-profiles for more.
- Indra da Soysa (2019): I Islam Compatible with Free-Market Capitalism? An Empirical Analysis, 1970-2010. Politics and Religion.
- Jo Jakobsen og Thomas Halvorsen (2018): The Durability of the security dilemma: An empirical investigation of action-reaction dynamics in states' military spending (1988-2014). The Cinese Journal of International Politics.
- Jonathon Moses (2017): Eurobondage. The political costs of monetary union in Europe. ECPR Press.
- Indra de Soysa (2017): Predatory Government and the Feasibility of Rebellion: A Micro Logic of the Capitalist Peace. Oxford Research Encyclopedias. Politics.
- Kristine Hermanrud og Indra De Soysa (2016): Lazy thinking, lazy giving? Examining the effects of Norwegian aid on forests in developing countries. International Area Studies Review.
- POL1004 Globalization and Economic Integration: Norway in International Society
- POL2012 Theories and Models in Political Economy
- POL2022 Petroleum Management: Political Economy and Ethics
- POL3503 International Political Economy
- POL3513 Political Economy - Governance
- POL3516 - The European Union - Rural and Reginal Political Economy
Francesco Boldizzoni, Professor+47 73591696 email@example.com
Susanne Therese Hansen, Postdoctoral Fellowsusanne.firstname.lastname@example.org
Jo Jakobsen, Professor+47 73551141 +47 98060137 email@example.com
Espen Moe, Professor+47 73592230 +47 97656678 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jonathon Moses, Professor+47 73596797 email@example.com
Ole Bjørn Røste, Associate Professor+47 73590266 +47 92245060 +47 41284032 firstname.lastname@example.org
Indra de Soysa, Professor+47 73596048 +47 +4773591758 +47 +4799420213(mobile) email@example.com
Jostein Vik, Professor+47 90925917 firstname.lastname@example.org