How to apply
You can apply to stay for one or two semesters as an exchange student or free mover at NTNU by using the application form below. You should also use this application form if you are coming to NTNU to do project work, an internship or write your master's thesis.
Starting spring semester
- All: 1 October
Starting autumn semester
- Non-EU/non-EEA students: 1 April
- EU/EEA students: 1 May
Step 1: Find courses
You should figure out which courses you want to take before starting your application.
Step 2: Apply using Søknadsweb
- Go to Søknadsweb to start the application
- In the "text"-box on the left, scroll and choose language: English.
- Click on "Login for Users without Norwegian National Identification Number"
- Click on "Register International Applicant"
- Answer the questions. The answer to your question will in no way affect your application, assuming you are considered eligible to apply.
- On the question regarding financing, please note that all students who are non-European citizens must have a way to finance their stay in order to receive a residence permit to Norway.
- You have now reached the actual application form. Please register as an applicant using your full name as it is written in your passport, but note that you cannot use letters that are not in the English alphabet.
- You will receive your password by e-mail.
- Log on to SøknadsWeb with your e-mail address and password, and fill in the application details.
- Choose 'Select' under 'Exchange student'. Please note that selecting 'Early admission' will not affect the processing time of your application.
- In the ‘Extra information' field please fill in the information below in the following order:
- Home institution
- Courses which you would like to apply to at NTNU. Fill in both the course code and the name of the course. Use Course Search to find courses. If you wish to do a thesis or project work, please indicate this.
- Upload the documents listed in Step 3.
Please note that there is no "submit"-button in Søknadsweb.
Step 3: Upload documents to Søkandsweb
The following documents must be uploaded to Søknadsweb:
- Official grade transcripts for all university studies (including grade transcript and diploma from bachelor degree studies)
- French students should also submit grade transcripts from Les classes préparatoires aux grandes écoles (CPGE)
- Translation of grade transcripts if originally in another language than English
- List of courses in progress
- Certified copy of your passport
- Documentation of English proficiency if required
- A short CV
- Additional form for exchange students
Wed, 13 Jul 2016 15:41:30 +0200