MASTER'S DEGREE PROGRAMME, 2 YEARS, Gjøvik
– Year Schedule
This is the year schedule 2019/2020 for Master in Information Security, Master in Computer Science and Experience-based Master in Information Security at NTNU.
Autumn semester information:
- Mandatory start seminar for new master students on Friday August 16. 2019.
- Lectures / schedule from week no 35. More details check "programme components" and Courses.
- Autumn semester Schedule/timeplan will be available from end of July. Schedule dates and exam dates will be published per course aprox end of July, more details in the seminar Aug 16.
- Spring semester details per course will be available / published during December.
- More details about each course will be available through "Blackboard" (Digital course rooms / Learning Management System) from beginning of August (semester registration is required), more details Aug. 16.
- Course period for 7,5 ECTS courses from August through November + exam. Exceptions can happen, sometimes (but very seldom) courses will be organized as intensiv course during half semester (details should be included in the Course description, see Programmme components).
- Exam period end of semester - Details in StudyCalendar. Written exams during end of November+December, in Spring semester exams mid May through June. Homeexams, oral exams and hand-in-projects (=exam) can be outside the main exam period. Will be announced per course from beginning of semester (more details seminar Aug 16.)
- Re-sit exams in the beginning of August the next year
- Intranet / Innsida channel per programme: The most important information channel for your study programme, general info.
- Blackboard: the main channel for information & communication regarding each course when you have signed in
Spring semester information:
- Details about Spring semester courses will be available in "Blackboard" from beginning of December (semester registration is requiered!). Spring semester registration will open aprox Dec 1, use this possiblity to get access to more information about the Spring courses you intend to do.
- Also Schedule and exam info per course published during (at latest) December.
- "Only" activities per course, no start-up seminar per programme in Spring semester or later, "just" check course Schedule
- Lectures & teaching activities from beginning of January, check Schedule per course/course code and StudyCalendar
- Exam period end of semester: mid May through June
- Re-sit exams (both Autumn and Spring semester courses) in August.
The final semester / Master Thesis MACS490, MIS4900, IMT4905:
- Master thesis Seminars/workshop/briefing: We will invite to 1 half-day Seminar during January in your last semester. Check Schedule MACS490, MIS4900, IMT4905 + BlackBoard Master-th room + Intranet programme channel. Fulltime students: To be completed in 6 months (1 semester/Jan-June or Aug-Dec), part time students (MIS-D and MISEB) can spend 2 semesters (50% student).
- Master Thesis Agreement student & supervisor & evt external company to be handed in during January or August (within Febr 1 or Sept 15). Appoved by the Department.
- Master Thesis hand in: Spring semester June 1., Autumn semester Dec.15
- Master Thesis presentation: Mid June or beginning of January. Attendance is required!