Learning outcome - Information security - Experiencedbased master´s degree, 3 years, Gjøvik
Experience-based master's degree, 3 years, Gjøvik
– Learning outcome
A candidate who has completed his or her qualification should have the following learning outcomes defined in terms of knowledge, skills and general competence:
(v2018): · Knowledge
- The candidate possesses advanced knowledge in the field of information security related to crime investigation and digital forensics.
- ·The candidate possesses thorough knowledge of the theory, best practices and methods in the field of information security and cyber incidents handling.
- ·The candidate is capable of applying knowledge in new areas relevant to crime investigation and attack prevention.
- ·The candidate is familiar with current state-of-the-art in the following fields of information security: digital forensics, malware analysis, cyber intelligence, intrusion detection and systems security.
- · The candidate possesses thorough knowledge of research methodology, needed to plan and carry out application and development projects in the field of information security.
- ·The candidate is capable of analysing professional and academic problems.
- ·The candidate can use knowledge and skills to carry out advanced tasks and projects.
- The candidate is capable of imparting comprehensive independent work in the field of information security. The candidate also masters the terminology in the field of information security.
- ·The candidate can communicate academic issues, analysis and conclusions both with experts in the field of information security and with the general audience.
- The candidate emerge with greater insight and confidence in the professional role.
- · The candidate can identify and evaluate ethical dilemmas in the conducting work.
- · The candidate can contribute to innovation and innovation processes.
- · The candidate is capable of analyzing existing theories, methods and interpretations of theories as well as independently analysing and solving theoretical and practical problems.
- · The candidate is capable of using independently relevant methods in fact-finding and development. These methods include literature study, critical thinking, logical reasoning and performing methodologically sound experiments together with interpreting their results.
- · The candidate can perform critical analysis of different information sources and applying the results of that analysis in academic and practical reasoning, structuring and formulating theoretical and application-specific problems.
- · The candidate can carry out a plan of a specialization project under supervision.
- · The candidate can complete an independent study and development project of moderate size under supervision (example: the master thesis), adhering to the current code of professional conduct and ethics in academic fieldwork.