Admission - Information security - Experiencedbased master´s degree, 3 years, Gjøvik
To be admitted to the programme of study, applicants must have:
- a relevant bachelor’s degree with a grade point average of at least C
- at least two years of relevant work experience.
Relevant bachelor degrees:
- The Norwegian Police University College (PHS)
- All bachelor’s within Informatics or Information technology
Two years of documented work experience within:
- digital forensics and cybercrime
- information security, where practical use with computers and networks is part of your work experience
Some courses in digital forensics require passing courses from The Norwegian Police University College (PHS), the syllabus of Nordic Computer Forensics Investigators Level 2 (NCFI 2), or equivalent education. You will find more information about this on the websites of the aforementioned institutions.
Apply for admission
If you meet the Norwegian language requirements, or have a related Scandinavian language as your mother tongue, you can apply to any of NTNU's degree programmes. You also must meet the basic requirement for admission, and demonstrate that you meet the English language requirements.
Application deadline 15 april
How to document your work experience
All documentation must be uploaded to Søknadsweb.
- Upload your own file of work practice documentation, titled "practice".
- Valid service certificate or work confirmation must be dated and signed by the employer.
- Working conditions must be documented with the type of position, and it should also be clearly stated which tasks the position entails.
- percentage of full-time equivalent and duration (from date to date) must be specified.
- Work contract / job offer / paycheck is not valid as documentation of work experience.
MISEB - Application deadlines
1 March 2021
Admission August 2021: The application portal will open in October for non-EU students
15 April 2020
Norwegian and Nordic applicants can apply through the Søknadsweb MASTERNOR from 01.02.2020.