Web Audio Conference 2019 - Web Audio Conference 2019
Photo credits main page
Web Audio Conference 2019
The fifth Web Audio Conference (WAC) will be held 4-6 December, 2019 at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) in Trondheim, Norway.
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) is the largest university in Norway today, with a history dating back to 1910, and a tradition going back to 1767 and the Royal Norwegian Society of Sciences and Letters (DKNVS). NTNU has a main profile in science and technology, a variety of programmes of professional study, and great academic breadth that also includes the humanities, social sciences, economics, medicine, health sciences, educational science, architecture, entrepreneurship, art disciplines and artistic activities. NTNU is headquartered in Trondheim, with campuses in Gjøvik and Ålesund. For this conference, we have joined forces from the Department of Music, the Department of Electronic Systems, and the Department of Computer Science.
Trondheim is the technology capital of Norway, which is well communicated locally, nationally, and internationally with daily direct flights from Oslo, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, and many more! It is a lively, cosy and welcoming city, which offers great restaurants, performance venues, museums, and winter outdoor/indoor activities for the adventurous!
But will you be able to see Northern Lights in Trondheim during WAC 2019? We will try our best, but cannot confirm the percentage of success in hunting for the Northern Lights. Looking forward to meet you again or for the first time at our next WAC conference!
- October 19, 2019: The full programme of the conference is now available!: https://www.ntnu.edu/wac2019/programme
- September 26, 2019: We are very proud to welcome our new silver sponsor: SonoSuite!
- September 3, 2019: Our registration system is now open (early-bird registration until September 22, 2019, don't miss it!!!): https://ntnu.eventsair.com/wac-2019/registration/Site/Register
- September 1, 2019: Check our accommodation recommendations with special prices, see our preliminary draft program and make sure to stay on Friday December 6, which we are preparing to be a special Friday with professional panels and discussions, great workshops and a final party!
- August 19, 2019: The call for diversity tickets is out! To be eligible, you need to fill in the following online survey, available until September 8: http://tiny.cc/WAC19-call-diversity
- June 14, 2019: Deadline for submissions has been extended to June 23 (preliminary versions with at least title and abstract) and June 30 for final versions. Don't miss it!
- June 12, 2019: We are very happy to welcome our first silver sponsor: the NTNU Department of Electronic Systems! Also we are very glad to welcome Trondheim kommune as a collaborator! Thanks for your support!
- May 29, 2019: We are very pleased to announce our first bronze sponsor: Ableton! Thanks for your support! We have also announced the sponsorship packages that are available at WAC 2019 here.
- May 24, 2019: We have launched a pre-submission draft feedback process for those individuals who are independent from academic institutions.
- April 10, 2019: Mozilla is supporting the conference as a Diversity Sponsor! We will create a call for diversity grants and constitute a diversity committee.
- March 26, 2019: The Call for Submissions is open here, a selection of the best papers will be offered the opportunity to publish an extended version at JAES.
- March 8, 2019: ROLI will be a Diversity sponsor. If you want to know more about diversity in web audio, the conference theme for this year, visit our dedicated page.
- February 28, 2019: The Code of Conduct of WAC 2019 has been published!
- February 14, 2019: The website of WAC 2019 has been launched: https://ntnu.edu/wac2019! Help us to spread the word and keep an eye on our daily updates!
- September 21, 2018: The WAC 2019 conference and committee was announced during WAC 2018 in Berlin. It was very well received by the WAC community, see you all in Trondheim!