Background and activities
I work as a PhD student in English didactics at the Programme for Teacher Education at NTNU, and I do research on student teachers' digital competence development in teacher education. I am also the subject coordinator and main teacher in two online courses in English didactics (Take Credit, ENG6024 - Literature with didatics and ENG6014 - Writing in school). In addition, I am the subject coordinator and one of the teachers in the Master's course EDU3084 - Digital competence which is arranged for Master's students in social sciences and foreign lanugage didactics.Research interests:
- Digital competence
- Digital literacy
- English didactics
- ICT in the school and higher education
- Teacher education
- Student teachers
- Educational technology
- Flipped classroom
- Learning Analytics
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Digital storytelling in teacher education: A meaningful way of integrating ICT in ESL teaching. Acta Didactica Norge - tidsskrift for fagdidaktisk forsknings- og utviklingsarbeid i Norge. vol. 10 (2).
- (2016) Prepared to teach ESL with ICT? A study of digital competence in Norwegian teacher education. Computers and education. vol. 97.
- (2014) Development of student teachers' digital competence in teacher education : a literature review. Nordic Journal of Digital Literacy. vol. 2014 (4).
- (2010) Vurderingskriterier for muntlig samhandling. Språk og språkundervisning. vol. 3.
Part of book/report
- (2016) Learning Analytics i skole og høyere utdanning. Digital læring i skole og lærerutdanning.
- (2016) Lærerstudenters digitale kompetanseutvikling i lærerutdanningen: Hva sier forskningslitteraturen?. Digital læring i skole og lærerutdanning.
- (2011) Being Critical in a Digital Landscape. 2011.
- Subject didactics
- Teaching of english as second language
- ICT in teaching and learning
- Research on ICT
- Qualitative data analysis
- Qualitative research
- ICT and language learning
- ICT and learning
- Digital divide
- Digital Bildung
- Digital/ICT Literacy
- Digital Storytelling
- Digital tools
- Digital media
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- Key Skills in Englsih