Programmes of Study
The following degree programmes are associated with the Department of Energy and Process Engineering.
5-year Advanced Engineering Programmes (MSc. / Siv.ing.)
- Energy and Environment (5 yr)
- Product Design and Manufacturing (5 yr)
- Engineering Science and ICT (5 yr)
2-year Masters Programmes (MSc.)
- Product Design and Manufacturing (2 yr)
- MSc in Hydropower Development (2 yr international programme)
- MSc in Industrial Ecology (2 yr international programme)
- MSc in Natural Gas Technology (2 yr international programme)
- MSc in Sustainable Energy (MSSE) (2 yr international programme)
Doctoral / Post graduate programmes
The department supplies courses primarily used in the degree programmes listed above. The specializations within these programmes which are particularly tied to our fields of expertise are:
- Energy, processes and fluids engineering (PUP)
- Energy and Process Engineering (in Norwegian) (Energy and Enviroment)
- Energy use and planning (in Norwegian) (Energi and Environment)
- Process Engineering (Engineering Science and ICT)
- Specialization information for PUP (in Norwegian)
- Specialization information for Energy and Environment (in Norwegian)
Doctoral Studies in Energy and Process Engineering
This post-graduate programme is typically three-years in length, and each doctoral candidate's study is typically financed by a research fellowship. The topic of one's doctoral thesis will normally be tied to research and development projects that are being carried out at the department or within associated research groups. Contact the Department of Energy and Process Engineering, for information about available positions.
Norwegian Industry Contact
Together with Norwegian industrial actors, the master's programme Mechanical Engineering (PUP) hav established the "PUP industry window" (Industrivinduet PuP), to foster collaboration and create an arena for contact between industry members and students. The organization also seeks to ensure the quality and relevence of the master's programme.