What you need to know to become a PhD candidate at NTNU
A PhD candidate must be admitted to a specific PhD programme in order to earn a degree from NTNU, and must undertake both research and coursework.
NTNU offers degrees in a range of doctoral programmes. Read more below about the programmes and the practical aspects of applying to NTNU and moving to Norway.
Each graduate school consists of a network of institutions that collaborate on doctoral education within a subject area.
- Nasjonal forskerskole i allmennmedisin - NAFALM
- Norwegian PhD School of Heart Research - NORHEART
- National research school in population based epidemiology - EPINOR
- Norwegian PhD network on nanotechnology for microsystems
- National graduate school in structural biology
- The Norwegian research school in renewable energy
- Norwegian research school in neuroscience
- Norwegian research school in medical imaging
- Norwegian graduate researcher school in linguistics and philology
- Norwegian research school in geography
- Norwegian research school in innovation
- Enterprise development and work-life research
- Flerfaglig forskerskole i utdanningsforskning
PhD courses at Nordic Five Tech
Nordic Five Tech (N5T) is an exclusive, strategic alliance of the five leading technical universities in Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden. If you are a PhD student at one of the five N5T universities, you can participate in courses at any of the five universities, free of charge. The course must be registered in the joint PhD course database.