Background and activities
I have a diploma in Mechanical Engineering and Aeronautics (2008) from the University of Patras (UoP), Greece. Between 2008-2009 I worked as researcher at the Stochastic Mechanical Systems and Automation Laboratory at UoP.
In August 2009 I started my PhD at the Centre for Ships and Ocean Structures (CeSOS) at NTNU, under the supervision of Thor I. Fossen. I defended my thesis on April 24, 2014.
Between March 2014 - February 2015 I worked as postdoctoral researcher at the Centre for Autonomous Marine Operations and Systems (AMOS), more specifically in the NextGenIMR project with Ingrid Schjølberg as my advisor.
Since February 2015 I have been seconded from NTNU to the Research Council of Norway to work at the JPI Oceans Secretariat in Brussels. I am mostly responsible for Strategic Area 2 on Technology and Sensor Developments, including technology developments in deep sea mining and observation systems (Strategic Areas 1 and 6 respectively).
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2017) A Voronoi-diagram-based dynamic path-planning system for underactuated marine vessels. Control Engineering Practice. vol. 61.
- (2017) Direct and Indirect Adaptive Integral Line-of-Sight Path-Following Controllers for Marine Craft Exposed to Ocean Currents. International Journal of Adaptive Control and Signal Processing. vol. 31 (4).
- (2016) A 3D Dynamic Voronoi Diagram-Based Path-Planning System for UUVs. OCEANS 2016 MTS/IEEE Monterey.
- (2016) Online Path Planning for Surface Vehicles Exposed to Unknown Ocean Currents Using Pseudospectral Optimal Control. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (23).
- (2015) Outlier Rejection in Underwater Acoustic Position Measurements Based on Prediction Errors. 4th edition of IFAC workshop on navigation, guidance and control of underwater vehicles, . IFAC; Girona. 2015-04-28 - 2015-04-30.
- (2014) Guidance and Path-Planning Systems for Autonomous Vehicles. Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet. 2014. ISBN 978-82-326-0176-9. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (126).
- (2014) Integral LOS Path Following for Curved Paths Based on a Monotone Cubic Hermite Spline Parametrization. IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology. vol. 22 (6).
- (2014) Minimization of Cross-track and Along-track Errors for Path Tracking of Marine Underactuated Vehicles. European Control Conference (ECC'14) ; Strasbourg. 2014-07-24 - 2014-07-27.
- (2014) Trajectory tracking and ocean current estimation for marine underactuated vehicles. Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Control Applications.
- (2013) A Quaternion-Based LOS Guidance Scheme for Path Following of AUVs. Elsevier IFAC Publications / IFAC Proceedings series.
- (2013) Continuous Curvature Path Planning using Voronoi diagrams and Fermat's spirals. Elsevier IFAC Publications / IFAC Proceedings series.
- (2013) Continuous-Curvature Path Generation using Fermat's Spiral. Modeling, Identification and Control. vol. 34 (4).
- (2013) Line-of-Sight Guidance for Path Following of Marine Vehicles. Advanced in Marine Robotics.
- (2012) A Time-Varying Lookahead Distance Guidance Law for Path Following. 9th IFAC Conference on Maneouvring and Control of Marine Craft ; Arenzano. 2012-09-19 - 2012-09-21.